“Excellent starter, very good overall”
Review of L'Artisan

L'Artisan
Ranked #4 of 472 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The genuine French Restaurant of Cheltenham
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We visited L'artisan on a busy Saturday night, it was fully booked with a nice atmosphere. The starter (scallop and prawn skewer with green risotto) was absolutely exceptional. Main (seabass) was very good and a lovely crepe fir dessert. Slight disappointment was not being offered bread as we muted all other diners were, and not told of specials for main course which we later overheard with disappointed that we hadn't been aware of them. The service was very good and a great selection of wine - petit Chablis was excellent. Would definitely go back despite the minor issues.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have to agree with the other reviewers that this is up there with the best... We ate here on a wet and cold winter's night and walked into an atmosphere that was warm and welcoming. The food did not disappoint - unpretentious, beautifully cooked and made with love. Do not be put off by the slightly old fashioned traditional look of the dining room - utterly charming.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Having having recently eaten at the Dorchester, the Ritz and champignon sauvage I can honestly say, and my fellow diners agree that this is superior!

Part of the appeal of this restaurant is the genuine Cuisine the friendly service & the highly flavourful bistro style food.

Do not hesitate! Starters, wine and deserts are all top-notch.

I had rabbit, my friend the snails and my two other friends the comfit of duck.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

After a friend recommended this restaurant, I took my husband here for his birthday along with friends who had lived and worked in france for years and own a house there too. To our friend's delight, they were able to speak french all night to the wonderful owners. The service was outstanding, the, food was made with love and tasted amazing...a welcome and lovely surprise with all the mini courses that were provided complimentary too! I can't recommend this restaurant enough to people who want great service, fabulous french food accompanied by great ambience!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lovely atmosphere and the food was excellent. Coping with a large party of people is never easy but the restaurant managed superbly. The owners and staff ensured that everything ran like clockwork. The feedback that I have had back from the rest of the party, has been unanimously that they all thoroughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank theocsbury21