“Warm, cosy & attentive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Artisan

L'Artisan
Ranked #4 of 440 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Diner, French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The genuine French Restaurant of Cheltenham
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Warm, cosy & attentive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went here last Friday to celebrate my Mothers 80th Birthday. We were the first people there but it very quickly filled up. The menu was great with lots of variety. We all had starters which were just fantastic, then came the main courses, steak in pepper sauce, braised pork shoulder and I had steak tartare which was the best I have ever had.
The portions are extremely generous so we struggled to finish. However some people still managed to find room for blackcurrant and apricot sorbet with a candle in got my Mother.
A wonderful restaurant with faultless food and service at a great price.
As Arnie says 'I will be back'
Thank you everyone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Best french restaurant ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I'm french living in nottingham, we went for a trip in Gloucestershire with a group of french and english friends and were recommended this traditional french restaurant in Cheltenham. It was a amazing experience. The food was incredible the staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is lovely. It is typical french food really good portion at a really good price. It fit any type of event whether going on a romantic night or having a night with a group of friends. Will definitely go again . And will recommend it to anyone who is looking for good food and a good night.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Fab!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to l'artisan last night on a date. It was a really excellent evening. Fantastic service, very friendly hosts and you almost feel like you're in France! The food was unlike anything we've had before. Very adventurous presentation and techniques like carrot flan and the duck and pork were both divine. Overall I was thoroughly impressed.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“La vraie ambience Francaise...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not to forget the cuisine! We have visited several times for lunch. The food is excellent as is the service and the prices for this quality of food very reasonable. this is a welcome addition to the cosmopolitan collection of restaurants in Cheltenham and deserves to flourish.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

It's funny reading some people's reviews. I went last Friday for my Anniversary with my Girlfriend and from the first minute I reserved a table to the minute we left the restaurant it was an absolute delight and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The restaurant is cosy with a nice atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating and even gave us a 4 person table just for 2 as they had a cancellation, which was very nice. Then it was down to the food and wine. Very rustic, beautiful French food. We had the Scallops and Snails for starter which were both fantastic, then Sea Bass and Braised Pork for our mains which were equally as well presented and tasty. We loved all the little accompaniments especially the curried Fennel and Ratatouille. Overall I think this is a really great little spot with great food and atmosphere and we will definitely come again and recommend! My only bad word is I wish they'd set up shop in my home town of Birmingham instead of moving to Cheltenham. If your umming and ahhing, just book a table, its a great little restaurant. Tom