“Lovely friendly place, great tasty falafel”
Review of Mirage Sandwich & Salad Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mirage Sandwich & Salad Bar
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly place, great tasty falafel”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I went to Mirage with a friend for a lunchtime falafel wrap, on a recommendation from someone who'd visited a couple of months ago. I absolutely love falafel, and am happy to report that the hummus and falafel wrap here is very tasty indeed, and a bargain to boot. There are a handful of small tables, and a bar-type arrangement with tall seats at the window where you can sit looking out at the world going by while you're eating - there aren't any large tables, so it's not one for groups unfortunately. Oh, and top tip - don't do what we did and sit close to the fryer, as when we returned to work everyone commented that we brought the smell of falafels with us! Luckily they like falafels as much as we do though :)

Visited April 2014

Malvern, United Kingdom
“Don't be fooled by the exterior”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I've been working in Cheltenham and whilst walking past this place I saw that they did falafel so the next day I popped in for lunch. From the outside it looks like a dodgy greasy spoon cafe and it's not the classiest decor inside either, the tables are wonky and it's seen better days.

But...the food is divine, the service friendly and the prices are cheap. It's a mere stone's throw from Cheltenham city centre, all the big shops etc, but you can get great food here for a fraction of the cost of the Starbucks round the corner. I had no qualms about sitting in here by myself and I've returned many times since. It's never going to be somewhere you'd take someone on a date, but for a quick and tasty lunch when out shopping or in the middle of a work day there can be no better place in the vicinity.

It's a family run business and they also make falafel mix on the premises as well that is a brand I had bought and enjoyed in the past...turns out the family invented falafel mix!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank winter-st*r
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely coffee and chat with Bassam!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Carrot and sweet potato soup...delicious, with a baguette. Fresh and hot. Service always good and friendly.

Visited January 2014