“Impressed!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Impressed!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We probably get a take away from here once every couple of months as it's only down the road so easy to collect from when we've finished work late and have no food in. In the past it has been mediocre, nothing special and I'm always waiting longer than they've said. HOWEVER when I ordered take away last night they said to collect in 15 minutes, I got there after 15 mins and didn't have to wait! Then when I got the food home it was AMAZING. Better than Bar and Wok and Little Roundabout. They must have a new chef. We were very impressed. Delicious!

“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I feel it's a bit unfair to base my review only on my last experience as I have had takeaways from here on many occasion and never reviewed them.

This place really frustrates me as I have had some cracking food, but on other occasions the food has been very bland and the service has been extremely poor.

As far as the food goes this place when it gets it right is one of the best Chinese takeaways in Cheltenham. Most of the time they get it right but every now and then it is awful, maybe this happens on the chefs day off and the stand in is still learning?

Service wise I agree with a lot of comments on here, the delivery and pick up times have been ridiculous. Generally I will pick up and when quote a time to pick up, quite frequently it isn't ready and I have been left waiting for an extra 40mins before. Delivery the majority of the time reaches you when they say but I have witnessed a 1hr+ wait for the food to arrive when quoted a shorter time.

I would be a little more sympathetic to Golden Mountain if they compensated for these errors correctly, but a few extra prawn crackers doesn't really cut it.

• Visited April 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Always good, always fast, always welcoming.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been to Golden Mountain many times - and only just got around to reviewing it. I've seen some negative reviews regarding the take-away, but I've only ever eaten in the restaurant.

Firstly, the staff have always been welcoming, with the chef putting in a friendly 'hello' on several occasions; but most importantly the food has always been fantastic.

Ordering from a menu for 'All You Can Eat' enables you to try new things and ensure they have no wastage (I'm a particular fan of 'bang-bang chicken'). They've always been fast at serving, even when we've had large tables.

I'll always recommend Golden Mountain to friends, and can't wait till I next go.

1 Thank pikerloo
Cheltenham
“Maybe I'm just lucky?”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the only chinese takeaway in Cheltenham that I like. Food always hot and on time, good portion and nowhere near as 'greasy' as the others seem to be. Oh and try the house mixed starter pack, great idea rather than ordering lots of starters that you'll never eat!

1 Thank BelleBBell
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Table 14 - Received excellent service.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Pork ribs were lovely. Battered squid very nice... chicken satay the best! This was a works outing and everyone agreed that it was delicious and the staff were helpful with nothing being too much trouble. Very surprised by the other reviews on here. This will be our regular chinese restaurant.