“birthday party on 31/05/14 at 10.30am”
Review of The Play Farm

The Play Farm
Ranked #30 of 67 things to do in Cheltenham
More attraction details
Owner description: The Play Farm is an indoor, themed soft play centre for children aged 0-12 years (maximum 148cm in height), based in Caldicot (Wales), Cheltenham and Leamington Spa. The ideal place for your children to come and muck about whilst you can relax and pig out from our "dairy cafe"! and enjoy our selection of quality food, drinks and service whilst in comfortable and relaxing farmyard surroundings.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My daughter had a fantastic time celebrating her 6th birthday party. Our host was absolutely amazing, explaining about the day, checking that everything is ok, welcoming the children and being entertaining but professional. I forgot his name as this party was a while ago, however it was always at the back of my mind to leave a review as we were very happy with the service. We will be definitively visiting the play farm again. Many thanks.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited here a few times now and have never been disappointed. My 15 month old loves it here, and I do not begrudge paying £1.50 admission, I think it's great value for money!! Reading some of the previous comments, I feel they are a little unfair and feel people expect far too much - no where is perfect, this is the real world!!! The staff are very helpful, it is clean and appears to be well maintained. We have eaten here twice and found it to be most satisfactory. We have always visited mid week, and have never found it to be very busy. I would definitely recommend, give it a try for yourself.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Been here a few times since having my son 18 months ago, my son thinks it's great and enjoys the soft play.
I think the admission charge is fair and the little ones get a free biscuit and squash.

On our last visit I felt that the place looked really tired and grubby. The carpets are really stained, the walls marked, lots of dust under the slides etc.

The children's high chairs are always filthy even just after opening.

The changing room door doesn't lock and the replacement doesn't work.

The food was quite pricey for the quality and all of it felt greasy, if I visited again I'd probably eat in a cafe up the road.

On the plus side the staff are friendly, location is good and the hot drinks are nice.

A good clean and redecorate is needed before I let my son play there.

1  Thank MrsLakesWalker
Playfarm, General Manager at The Play Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your comments.

Our Cheltenham centre is visited by hundreds of children every week, and during half terms the numbers triple. This does have a huge affect on the centre. We will review our cleaning procedures and see where we can improve. We thank you for bringing certain areas to our attention.

The comment about the high chairs is worrying, especially if the centre has just opened. I do apologise for this and will ensure this never happens again. Your comments have been passed onto the management teams within the centres.

For our location, our prices are very good. Compared with local establishments offering the same meals for nearly double the price. Nevertheless we will review our pricing and see what can be done to make it easier for parents to come to our centres and enjoy our food.

I appreciate all your comments and they will be passed on to the centre management team to review.

Thanks again

Play Farm

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This isn't bad and it does have a good central location if you're visiting the area. Worth a visit for a few hours but it has been so busy the times we've been, probably even worse at a weekend.
Price wise I suppose is average for the area.

1  Thank Lemonlime8
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Relatively compact soft play area for babies and toddlers, with rather more to do for toddlers overall. Decent ball pits and gentle toys for the under 2s as well as a larger climbing area / giant slides for the older ones. Busy-ness varies markedly -- some days it is crammed, others it's not too bad at all. Location is pretty good -- right opposite NCP. OK, you have to cross a road, but it's about a 50yd walk only, so not bad at all. Overall, well worth going to if you have a small person, and need somewhere different on the "local circuit" of soft play venues in Cheltenham.