“Cheltenham V Accrington Stanely”

The Abbey Business Stadium
Ranked #24 of 60 things to do in Cheltenham
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cheltenham V Accrington Stanely”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited the ground on my quest to visit all 92 football grounds and chose this match as it wasn't too far and didn't seem as vulnerable to the floods as others.I also have a soft spot for Stanley.
Getting to the ground was fine I just wish Bus Drivers would be more helpful or even speak if than grunt as I thought the Bus from the Train Station would stop a Street or two from the ground yet this went to Town and then I needed to change there it was only by following some Shirts that I realised this.
Ground is tucked away in a street on an estate with no Pubs in sight( I think there's a Club house down the road)and is not obviously noticeable untill your right next to it,I like this type of location as it feels more of a local club.
The Stadium is easy to enter down the Clubs Car Park which looked to have enough empty spaces even if you were not a member of the Club which is rare in today's football.
The Stands were 3 small modern ones 1 terraced which were often cleared by the odd shot(or pass) and a classic old style stand with a terrace at its front,the seats were wooden and quite low down which seemed to be a bit of a problem for the older fans,although I found them comfy and handy as I could rest my Tea on the steps without bending too much.
The view was great which for an old stand is not always the case.
Facilities were a basic Burger van with genuine friendly staff,the ex non-league Clubs are often far better at this than long term league Club's which can feel put on or fake if they try.
Accy fans although small in number(70 ish)always give a good show and are there for the fun and a day out,It always looks as if it must be a great crack being an away fan of Stanely.
The game was entertaining with Accrington playing some good Football going 2-0 which belies their budget and league placing.
Cheltenham were poor first half and came alive in the 2nd with numerous chances hitting the post or just wide and Cureton pulling one back giving a bit of hope.
If Acccy keep hold of Beattie they can look forward to building and doing similar too what Chelthenham have done themselves in the past and play at a far higher level and shocking a few big boys on the way.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank FootienBeer

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Come here often”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I am not a natural football fan but always enjoy coming here over the years. And have now become a fan.

1 Thank alexdare
Oxford, United Kingdom
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,195 helpful votes
“Excellent Corporate Hospitality”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was fortunate enough to enjoy the Corporate Hospitality at a Cheltenham Town match earlier this season.

It was a tremendous experience, everyone was very friendly, from the parking stewards to the bar staff and hosts and hostesses in the lounge. I even got to chat to the Club Chairman for several minutes,

Our executive box was comfortable, and the views from the seats to watch the game were great. The main meal was delicious, totally surpassing my expectations from a football club.

Highly recommended