The Cheltenham Townhouse
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$147
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$122
US$174
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$139
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$187
US$177
US$262
  • Restaurant
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$102
Travelocity
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
  • Pool
Travelocity
All reviewshonesty bartown centrecul de sacpittville parkparking permitluxury roomthe main hotelthe lower ground floorpump roomfull englishbreakfast roomlovely loungebreakfast was excellentstreet parkingquiet arealovely hoteleasy parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed her last weekend as we were visiting Cheltenham racecourse. Perfect location as only a 10 minute walk to the track, and a couple of minutes to all the bars and restaurants that Cheltenham town has. Lovely room, very clean and providing bath towels that were huge. The breakfast was gorgeous with excellent service, would definitely go back and certainly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: we were in room 6 on the first floor at the back, extremely quiet, but I am sure all the rooms are of a simular standard
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife & I stayed for just the one night on a b&b basis in October 2013 and loved it. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Great location,just a very short taxi ride or walk into town.
We will be staying here again the next time we come and visit our Son at Uni. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed in October for 4 nights. Great location, staff were great & good parking, however that's where it ends. I hope our comments will be used in the way they are intended and that is to provide the gift of feedback when others may not tell you what went wrong.  I think this hotel suffers from not understanding what is important to travelers and not paying attention to detail. You are so close to a great recommendation but as it stands we could not do this.
We had an apartment with a kitchen. It was very poor, saucepans either burnt or unclean, laminex bench tops with burn marks, dish cloth and scourer old and smelly,  no dishwasher and tea towel not changed in the 4 days, needed to regularly request activation of heaters, staff knock at the same time as barging in. Advertised with washing facilities & therefore a washer/dryer in the room as expected., however on Day 4 we noticed our machine was full of washing that was not ours. When discussing with reception It appears the machine was not for our use and in fact for the building. This is fine but it also means that staff must have been coming in and out of your room throughout the day to use the machine when we were out!  Wi-Fi was spasmodic and had to be re booted at times,  dirty towel one day and no towel the following day. No phone connection with front desk, no shelves in bathroom, no comfortable chairs at all, tv smaller than computer monitor, dining room chairs not suitable for adults and minimal power points.  It was such as shame as the decor was lovely, staff were generally nice.  Please check what you are allowing your staff to do as you may not be aware of decisions or shortcuts they are taking. Another hotel owner told us that he personally checks each room after cleaners are done and you could tell.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tweedkirra
JayneLillywhite, Owner at The Cheltenham Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We are really disappointed with the review you have given us and particularly the low scores for cleanliness. We do try very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. There are so many things you have mentioned I am not sure where to start but to address a few of your comments. There are just two small burn marks on the kitchen surface which are not bad and could be done within a few days of a new one being put in. We take a pride in having beautiful white egyptian cotton sheets and towels - normally the laundry company we use is very good but I understand that there was a rust mark on one left in your room. I am sorry that the chambermaid disturbed you - they always knock but I think she was walking into room too quickly this has now been corrected. I am sorry that you didnt find the large futon chairs comfortable - we have not had any complaints before. As far as the wifi is concerned you are right we have had a nightmare with phonelines down as well which has ended up with BT digging up the back lane - this is now fixed and the wifi connection is strong again. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Cheltenham Townhouse is an absolute gem. I so enjoyed my stay. I wouldn't stay anywhere else locally. It is an elegant home from home.

My room was spacious, tasteful, beautifully appointed, warm and inviting. The owners and staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was tasty, home cooked and served with a smile.

Great value. Great people. Great location. Thank you. See you again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a lovely hotel, very conviently located. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfasts superb. We loved the sitting room in which there are papers/magazines and an honesty bar. My friend and i were there for the literary festival and the hotel could not have suited us better. Thanks to all the staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends