“Well located, friendly place to stay”

The Cheltenham Townhouse
Ranked #6 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for a work trip. Really well located, short walk from the centre of town. I had a room with a bathroom across the hall (just for me) They did check that that was OK. Room good size, very quiet, bathroom large.
The breakfast was excellent and I left very early on the final day and they left out cereal and milk so that I could have something before I left (and before the breakfast service started)
Also they have bikes available for free, a great idea and meant that i could explore a little more of Cheltenham in the evening.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Would seriously consider going back on a non-work trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very useful place to stop especially for a racing trip as just down the road from course and not far from town for shops or restaurants etc
Simple and straight forward room - not ideal but manageable bathroom across corridor.
Breakfast was excellent though very busy as smallish area to be seated at if hotel full.
Definitely will look to return for an overnighter :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spent a night here recently as part of a group. A pleasant looking hotel in a quiet road some 15 minutes walk from the centre of town. A small private car park at rear. The hotel runs an honesty bar in a comfy lounge. There is a small terrace for sitting outside. Breakfast was a selection of cereals and fruit juice, then a choice of cooked eggs etc.
I had requested a single room which was ready when I arrived even though it was before the 2pm check in time. I had Room 34 which was in the basement. It is huge! There is a small kitchen, table with 4 chairs, a big double bed and an armchair. The room was well appointed with a trunk and various pictures and furnishings. A shower rather than a bath which is my preference. Lots of hot water. All the expected trimmings like a generous amount of teas, coffee etc. magazines, toiletries.
The bed was wonderfully comfortable. Minor niggles - the Television was high on the wall and quite small. A stretch on the eyesight from the bed and armchair. (Downside of a big room). The other point is that as the room is on the lower floor looking out up onto the road I did not feel comfortable about leaving the windows open. This made it a bit stuffy.
I really enjoyed my stay here and would certainly use it again.
Just one last thing. Three of our group were accommodated in an Annex about 10 minutes walk away from the main hotel. If you do not fancy this, remember to check which room you have been allocated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A warm reception when we arrived and an amazing room for the price. Bed was comfy and the room spotless. Breakfast in the morning was lovely and all the staff were friendly and really helpful. If I was to have any suggestions it would be displaying DVDs for the guests to use in their room (all the TVs have built in DVD Player) is a great idea...but hardly any of them actually have DVDs in the cases...saying that though if you're away for the weekend you shouldn't be watching TV anyway.

I would stay here again in a heart beat! Cheers Townhouse and your staff are a credit to you.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have just come back from a weekend in Cheltenham, we stayed at the Cheltenham Townhouse which was recommended to me by a friend. I had organised a reunion for 30 ladies and we all stayed there. I can't praise them enough for their help with the organisation and their patience with my endless e-mails. When we arrived all the rooms were ready, and beautifully presented. All the ladies were delighted with the welcome we received. It is the most comfortable property with a very friendly feel, nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious. I will definitely be returning to the Townhouse, if they will have me, and I know that a number of the others in my group will be doing the same, So thank you again for looking after us all so well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked this through a bookings website so had no real idea if what to expect. We stayed in the studio apartments which are a 5 min walk from the hotel itself. The rooms are very spacious, with a kitchenette area with hob and microwave and fridge. The beds was very comfortable and a linked divan super king. Linen was clean and fresh and general décor calm and peaceful. a well appointed bathroom with a shower. There is a hair dryer and full size ironing board. Two handles were broken off the furniture which did not affect the stay and just need replacing. There is tea, filter coffee and sugar provided and a 2 slice toaster. There appear to be 4 apartments per floor and for larger parties can be connected by linked doors. Breakfast is taken in the main hotel and served until 10 on a Sunday. The staff were very attentive and the coffee excellent with perfect hot toast brought to your table with out having to ask. The full english can be recommended and was served quickly and on warm plates.Simply put the hotel/apartments represent real value for money and location is perfect.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for one night in the apartment in the hotel. The apartment was spotlessly clean. We felt it was the best of both worlds, the convenience and privacy of self catering, with breakfast provided in the grandeur of the beautiful hotel breakfast room.

We had the salmon and scrambled eggs- fantastic.

The staff were all very friendly and it was good value for money. We would definitely stay there again.