“Amazing accommodation in a lovely area”

The Cheltenham Townhouse
Ranked #8 of 70 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
western australia
“Amazing accommodation in a lovely area”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this room quite late on the road via booking.com & relied on reviews which I must say were spot on. The location is perfect, (relied on my GPS for directions) safe on site parking, guest lounge, huge rooms with the finishing touches to perfection. Free on site wifi & breakfast included in price!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 delightful nights at this charming bed and breakfast guest house. The staff could not have been more helpful. The en-suite room was outstanding and the breakfasts were superb. Recommend the scrambled egg.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
west midlands
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Myself, Partner and our Best Friends stayed here on my Birthday, 16th August for 1 Night. Secure Free Parking in a Town Centre Hotel, a bonus. We were in a Family Room, which was loads spacious enough for 4 adults! The Young Gentleman on Reception showed us around to the Breakfast Room and the Guest Lounge where there was a TV and Honesty Bar where you could help yourself to Alcoholic Drinks, just tick what you had and your Room Number and they add it onto your Room Bill. We did not participate in that. There were 4 Single Beds and 2 had been zipped together to make a huge King Size, the other 2 were as Singles, but our Friends kindly said that me and my Boyfriend could have the King and they were happy in the Singles. (We were told on check out that they tried to contact me a few days prior to our visit to ask if we wanted the Singles made up as 2 King Beds, I recall having a call on my mobile, but because it was witheld, I don't answer my phone to numbers that i do not recognise! Had they left a message, I would have returned the call). Anyway, it did not matter, we were very pleased with room, clean and cosy, bathroom very good with all supplies such as towells, soaps, shower gels. Comfy beds, a good night sleep for us all, although there was alot of noisy Seagulls outside which woke me and my Friend a couple of times throughout the night!
The Breakfast was fabulous, choice of Cereals, Fruit Yoghurts and Orange Juice that you helped yourself to. Lovely, pleasant Waitress's take your order, you can have a Full English or something lighter like Egg or Salmon on Toast. Pots of Tea and Coffee and Racks of Toast, all served in a lovely Dining Room with soft Music. Brilliant!
We visit Cheltenham alot and have always stayed in the Premier Inn, but that was coming up far to expensive for what we wanted to pay, and I must say, this place is fantastice find!
Definately recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, friendly welcome, superb location for shopping, bars and restaurants, rooms decorated to a high standard, yummy breakfast well presented served by delightful and very efficient staff.... and a great restaurant just 5 minute walk away recommended for our evening meals. Could not fault! Thank you so much for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is my third or fourth stay here and every visit has been excellent. Not the easiest to find but worth it. Every room I've stayed in has comfy beds, lots of space and all usual amenities. Breakfast is tasty, with nice friendly staff. I don't think I've heard any noise from outside and it's in a nice area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Beautiful hotel an easy walk to the city centre shops and amenities. Couple of nice pubs , cafes and restaurants within minutes of the front door if you didn't want to go into town. Sympathetically coverted to a hotel, the building is truly lovely. The staff are very helpful and efficient. Breakfasts nicely presented and delicious, sitting room / bar facilities great. Only tiny downside is parking is limited on site and challenging on the street (time limits apply).Had a wonderful weekend here. Definately be back and would recommend to anyone. Fantastic value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been going to Cheltenham for years with friends for shopping trips. We recently stayed in the Cheltenham Townhouse Hotel. I honestly can't believe I have missed this place and not stayed before. What was I thinking?
The hotel was five minutes walk form all the shops, restaurants and the huge variety of wine bars that Cheltenham has to offer. Yet it is in a very quiet street, typical of the Cheltenham regency architecture
I was really impressed with the greeting that the lovely lady who owns the hotel gave us. She was very warm and friendly. She showed us to our rooms which were beautifully decorated, with calming colours and elegant touches of individuality in each room. It was all very tasteful and well equipped. Each room had an en-suite and was equipped with a TV, DVD, Tea and coffee facilities. The bed was really comfortable and the room was very quiet. We later met in the sitting room where they operate an honesty bar.
Breakfast was beautifully cooked and offered a large variety of options, using fresh local produce.
Will I go again? Absolutely yes!! I honestly could not fault the hotel and felt it represented good value for money.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were lovely.