“P/B (60th birthday party)”
Review of The Wilson Cafe

The Wilson Cafe
Ranked #249 of 454 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$5 - US$10
christinaanne068
“P/B (60th birthday party)”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I hired the mezzanine floor of The Wilson Cafe for my husband's 60th birthday party and I cannot speak highly enough of the venue, food and co-operation received from the staff, especially Sophie, in helping to organise the event. They were more than willing to accommodate all my requests from special dietary requirements, balloons for the tables, drinks on arrival to somewhere to hang coats etc, etc. The tables were beautifully laid out and we had the bonus of the walls being decorated with some stunning artwork.

There is the option to have extra space in the form of the meeting room which is divided from the main area by sliding doors and we liaised with the Museum staff (thank you Vicki) over this. They also lent us a projector for a presentation. There is the option of having the adjacent gallery open for your guests and this was a nice distraction for those who wanted a break from music and conversation.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our evening and we couldn't have made a better choice.

My one very tiny niggle was that I needed to liaise separately with the cafe and museum over the things mentioned above. It would be very helpful if this could be co-ordinated in some way.

All in all a great venue with delicious food which I would have no hesitation in recommending.

• Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“pricey”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had tea and sandwich thought it expensive for what it was, Brown bread was granary which I did not like and ended up leaving, and although asked for ham with no mustard had to send it back has it had mustard.

• Visited June 2014
Cheltenham
“Great find”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food and great coffee, all reasonably priced. Quick friendly service. I particularly liked the Caesar salad and couldn't resist having a piece of homemade cake! Will definitely be back again

cheltenham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little surprise”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I visited on friday 6th june, Although I enjoyed the new re vamp of the wilson gallery, my actual surprise was the cafe attached to it, a interesting mix bag of well thought out and delisious foods, I had a simple jacket spud with cheese and beans followed by chcolate brownie which was beautiful! A lovely place to sit on the sofas but just needz a bit of love on the walls, I spoke to a girl who was one of the chefs and she pointed out the brownie so thank u for that! All in all a nice little surprise

“Quality - cooked fresh”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The cafe has had some mixed reviews, but we thoroughly recommend it. J had the sausage nap and I had the sweetcorn fritters, which a previous reviewer quite rightly enjoyed - they were light layers of fritter with wilted spinach, served with roasted tomatoes and a tomato salsa. Delicious.
What we were really pleased with is was the quality of the wine. James had the Merlot and I had whatever White was open .... Large glasses and very good. Total bill a smidge over £15. Quality and good value.

Visited May 2014