“Back at Butlers”
Review of Butlers

Butlers
Ranked #11 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is my eleventh year at the Cheltenham Festival of Literature and I would not consider staying anywhere other than Butlers Hotel.

If I say that it improves with age, then it does, because nothing changes and the same high standards which I discovered eleven years ago are still in place.

So if you want a satisfying breakfast to set you up for the day and a plumptious pillow to rest your head on at night, then look no further than this excellent hotel called Butlers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed overnight last Friday with friends(their first visit to Butlers), and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.The lady in charge was warm and friendly, provided us with complimentary coffee and biscuits, and gave us a few tips as to where to go in town. Breakfast the following morning was excellent, and again the hosts were friendly and welcoming.It is a delightful hotel, in a great location. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Booked this last minute for an overnight stay last weekend and I have to say that I completely agree with most comments. An excellent little hotel with the friendliest hosts I have had the pleasure to meet. A lovely warm welcome awaited us even though we arrived long before check in we were allowed to park up and enjoy the town. Our room was spotless and extremely comfortable with some lovely little touches. Breakfast was to die for.....the waiter was a credit to his trade. I wouldn't bother looking for anywhere else when I next visit Cheltenham it will be Butlers for me every time!. Thank you so much for making our stay such a pleasant experience. From the Singer family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at Butlers with my husband and other family members. This is a truly lovely place. Comfortable,clean,friendly and superb breakfast. Lots of choice. My brother-in-law felt it was better than many large hotels he has stayed in. Would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Our room could sleep three so quite large for two people.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We recently travelled for 6 weeks, staying in 20 different styles of accommodation. Butlers would have to be the most memorable of all the stays. The breakfast was to die for. The best eggs and prunes I have ever had. Thank you Rob and Guy for your hospitality. Your B & B is decorated with such an amazing collection of warmth, old charm and surprises. We loved it so much we came back a few days later and booked another night. Hope to see you again some day, Jeff & Linda, Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Hard to find other adjectives to add to what has been said: 'perfect' conveys it all! Guy and Robert were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was made to perfection (Guy is the cook). the servers are extremely polite. It is located in a very nice area, easy to get to the main roads. it is also easy to park either in the hotel or just outside along the quiet street. We stayed there 4 days to visit the Cotswold. If you're driving, I recommend having a GPS because Cheltenham has a very particular traffic system, which is not easy to understand.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at Butlers with my mother for a weekend in August when visiting Cheltenham for a family celebration. It was a wonderful experience. I could not fault the hotel at all. We were made welcome on our arrival with afternoon tea in the drawing room. We were given all the information that we needed to enjoy our trip into the town. The rooms were lovely and the breakfasts were delicious. The most perfect poached egg I have ever tasted. This is really a beautiful hotel and I would love to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family