“don't enter room 50!”

Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I regularly use Premier Inns for both social and business and never have complaint. However this time (my 2nd visit to this hotel) there was a problem with the floor in Room 50. It was reported and was given my money back - although the customer service helpine number took 7 days to reply to me (with help of the hotel manager) so I dont rate Premier Customer service at the moment.
During the evening we had a table booked for 10 - meals were served up late and cold, long waits between courses etc... Adam the waiter - was brilliant - it wasnt his fault however the restaurant was not busy and the staff were not organised. dont normally gripe but room 50 has a structural problem which the staff did not believe me about and think I had lost the plot. Barr 6 of my colleagues also experiencing the problem , I am 100% sane! would have been nice to have been believed by the management.

Room Tip: the railway line did not bother me but if you want a quiet room as for one not facing the railway li...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
RNewman_12, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I can assure you the issues you raised with regards to the flooring were taken seriously and investigated. Our structural engineers checked the room and the building and no issues were found. With regards to the process for cash refunds, this has now been changed following your feedback to ensure guests get a quicker response from our guest relations team. Following your comments regarding your dinner experience at TGI Fridays I have passed these on to their management team to implement changes. I apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment caused and I hope this does not deter you from choosing Premier Inn again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Good room but it was at the rear of the hotel where the train line runs past. However the sound proofing was good. Great comfy bed, large free view HD TV. Only seat in the room was one dining type chair. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
RNewman_12, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Cheltenham Central Premier Inn. Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Lovely hotel but the main train line is only metres away from the hotel so you may not get a 'Guaranteed Good Nights sleep' Otherwise an excellent stopover choice with a good restaurant next door.The staff were friendly and the room was clean.

Room Tip: As far away from the train line as possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Customer Services Team and the Management team at this hotel.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Great location to tour the Cotswolds and explore the surrounding countryside. Beautiful rooms and with double glazing hardly heard the trains passing. Love huge television screens and everything you need with extra pillows. Helpful staff on check in and helping us find directons to a place of interest.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ronelvz

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Cheltenham Central. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy their stay and your feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Very nice ,comfortable clean and a TGIfridays nxt door whats not to like ....stayed here as a stopover travelling down to Devon would stay again Cheltnam town centre very close by .They did mention on there web site that there maybe some train noise we did not hear any trains .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wannysgirl
RNewman_12, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are really very pleased that your stay with us was a good one and that you received the excellent service that we are committed to giving all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon so you can explore more of Cheltenham.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Cheltenham Central Premier Inn over the August Bank Holiday 2012. We were in Cheltenham to attend a family wedding. I am a 57 year old disabled man, who uses a powered wheelchair, but I can stand and walk short distances. The adapted room has many good features. The bathroom is excellent with an accessible roll in shower and the room is large and comfortable though anonymously decorated. It is hard for hotels to know what sort of bed suits any one disabled person. The bed we were originally given was too low and when I sat on it to try it out, I got stuck and could not get up. The staff were extremely helpful. The Duty Manager helped me to my feet and put in a temporary extra matress so I could get in and out of bed that night. The next day the double bed was changed for two raised single beds which suited me well. This level of kindness and helpfulness made all the difference. In other respects, this hotel is exactly what you would expect from a no-frills hotel - affordable, basic and comfortable rather than stylish. It is conveniently situated and clean. Breakfast at TGI Friday's next door was fine and reasonably good value - it is fully accessible and has a good disabled toilet. I would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to other wheelchair users, although you should ring ahead and specify exactly what type of bed you need.

Room Tip: All the roooms are pretty much the same except for the adapted room. If you are disabled check out t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank William-Catford

Thank you very much for your extremely positive review. I am sorry that the bed was not at a convenient height when you checked in, but I am glad that the team were about to rectify this issue as soon as possible. All our team are committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay and we are thrilled with the comments you have shared. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The hotel itself was the usual high quality, friendly helpful staff, cleaan comfortable room but having the catering in TGI Friday was not a good experience.

In all the Premier Inns I have stayed in before there has been a much larger selection of breakfast foods with a toaster that ejected the toast properly. Like another reviewer, my partner burnt himself trying to retrieve toast and on my own part I was very disapointed that they had no alternative to dairy milk in stock.

All other Premier Inns I have been to keep a supply of soya milk for their clients who do not use dairy. this was a big surprise and disapointment. Thier dishwasher didn't seem to do a very good job either, inside the mugs was horrible unless you chose very carefully.

1  Thank Biber X
RNewman_12, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you very much for your review. All our team are committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay and will be pleased with your comments regarding the team here at the hotel. I apologise for the disappointment caused at breakfast and I will pass on your comments to the manager at TGI Fridays, so the issues raised can be resolved. We hope this does not deter you from choosing to stay with us again in the future.