“Does what it says on the tin”

Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's hard to fault Premier Inn at their best. Comfortable, quiet and well equipped (including air conditioning which was welcome on a couple of humid May nights).

Location is good, just a few minutes off the M5 and a comfortable 20 minute walk into the town centre or 5 minutes to the station.

I'm not a TGI Fridays person and having breakfast in there at 7am is a bit weird. That, and the faulty tap in my room (which was rectified immediately) stop me giving this place five stars. I loathe hotels that charge for Wifi access so that's another reason not to give the full five stars; and I was surprised at the poor 3G reception (on both 3 and Vodafone) inside the building, which meant that Internet access during my stay was sub-optimal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeyTheBikey
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you had a comfortable, quiet stay with us. All feedback is really appreciated as it enables us to make improvements. We hope you continue to choose Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Premier Inn have installed aircon. This makes the rooms super comfy and quite a haven now if the weather heats up. Brilliant! room was clean and the beds made up for the children as always. I love the way the cleaners tuck my children's teddies in their beds when they make up the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay. The housekeeping team will be happy to hear the positive comments regarding their service standards. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

On a recent 2 night stay at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central. I was hugely impressed by the standard of service and facilities. As I am disabled, proximity of parking and room to entrance is important. Also extra assistance from staff is much appreciated. On all counts they gave a five star service. Quite sorry to leave. Would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team and facilities to be of a five star service! The whole team are pleased you have taken the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The premises shares a car park with TGI-Friday so drive past the purple signs and take the next left then left again to access the back car-park, which contains plenty of spaces.

Check-in was quick and easy, the staff welcoming and efficient, which is what I've come to expect from Premier Inns. The room was cold upon entry - cleaners had left the window open. Heating and cooling comes from an integrated blower at ceiling height above the door and the instructions don't make it clear if you were setting the blower temperature or the desired room temperature, but keeping the heating on at night is both draughty and noisy so once the room was up to temperature I turned it off at the controls.

Bathroom small but clean and functional, as always.

In all, my stay was generally comfortable. I'll return again, but won't eat at the TGI pub - my review of this appalling place can be found on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PreacherKane

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your pictures. There are instructions on how to operate our new air-conditioning within the booklets on the bedroom desk but if you ever need any assistance, as they do differ from site to site, please do not hesitate to speak to the receptionist who will gladly help. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay and will stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Thank goodness for the good night guarantee! We had !a family room, with cot. The creaking of the double bed was so bad that my husband decided to sleep on the single bed. Queue him having to sleep with his feet on the headboard as it was so lumpy. Never mind we thought, we've cracked it. Then I rolled over the double groaned like an awakened cracken and my one year old woke up in a similar frame of mind. If you want to know fear, try sleeping without moving in the vicinity of a child. Not a restful night. Aided by the decree at breakfast that they had run out of mushrooms, there's not much on offer if like me you don't eat bacon or tomato. On reflection, my mushroom dismay could be due to lack of sleep! Finally, no mobile signal, so you need to love the car park...a lot!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gespo2002

I apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We are very grateful you have shared your feedback as it enables us to make the changes needed. We hope this doesn’t deter you from choosing Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was not expecting the standard of cleanliness, it was spot on. Everything we needed was present and nothing we didn't. Altogether a very pleasant stay. The decoration in the room was very smart. The TV was really good, which is not always the case in this type of hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susanne B

Thank you very much for your review. The housekeeping team are thrilled you have shared your positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Service was friendly and rooms were very clean and nicely modern and comfortable. Measures on windows in place so that you don't hear any noise from the railway line. Convenient not too far from a train station. Would have had a lovely nights kip except for being woken several times by drunk tourists in the early hours and other suspect noises... Staff were understanding when I raised the issue and I did receive a refund as per the 'good nights sleep guarantee'

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I apologise for the disappointment caused by the noise during your stay. We do offer the Good Night Guarantee and do our utmost to ensure every guest enjoys their stay with no disturbances. We are pleased to hear that in spite of the disturbance you still had a good stay. We hope you continue to choose Premier Inn.
Kind Regards,