“A good family stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
“A good family stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good old Premier Inns. This was a pleasant and well- run hotel. The staff were friendly and rooms comfortable. Good value for money too, and as we were in a large family group, we were pleased that everyone got the type of room they wanted. Some of the party were on the railway side of the building and the extra glazing they had provided was needed to keep the noise down, but we certainly didn't hear a thing on our side. TGI Friday's next door provided the breakfasts which were fine and plenty of cereals/ fruit etc on the continental buffet. It would have been nice to have some cooked meats or cheese for those not wanting a cooked breakfast but still a good selection. We were told the town centre was only a short bus ride, but to be honest the taxis were great value - £6.60 into town so no need to even bother with buses.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for leaving us such a positive review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Premier Inn. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.
Justyna Rech

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I am a regular customer of PI because the beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean but not happy that the fire alarm had a 3 minute delay before the alarm would activate, The bedroom detector was installed above the door and really should be on the ceiling. The manager explained that this was to prevent false alarms but I want to stay in a hotel that also considers my safety first. Apart from that all good

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Premier Inn our guests safety is of utmost importance and I can assure you our fire alarm system and sensors comply with health and safety regulations. I will however pass your concerns on to our specialised team at Head Office. I hope this does not deter you from staying with Premier Inn in the future.
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

It's a premier inn so you know what to expect. Conveniently located, clean & comfortable. My criticisms would be that the floor above creaked when the guest above walked around. The creaking was loud enough to wake me from my sleep when they got up in the middle of the night and walked about for a few minutes. The adjacent TGIF was very average. Service slow, our meals were ok but nothing special...we noted several tables sent back dishes that looked to be over cooked.

The introduction of both a hand shower attachment & soft close toilet seats would be good..the latter to help with the "quiet room policy"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
We are pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review as it enables us to make improvements. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

A well presented hotel in a convenient location for visiting Cheltenham. However, despite being happy with the hotel and the standards of service, I feel that Premier Inn is becoming a little too expensive for a budget hotel that provides no meals (breakfast) as part of the cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SCMac67
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Cheltenham Central (West/A40). Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope to welcome you back again to Premier Inn.
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was visiting Cheltenham for my brother's wedding-do, so I booked in to this Premier Inn. This is my first stay in a Premier Inn and I was very impressed. I had booked about 4 months earlier, so I got a good price for the room for the one night, i.e. £29. This particular hotel was nice as the reception staff were friendly and provided enough information regarding my stay. The room was clean, bed comfortable and the en-suite bathroom was clean. There is a TGI Friday next door, so I had breakfast there which was nothing outstanding, but it was nice enough with plenty of choice. I will continue to use Premier Inns when I have weekends away if I can get them at the price I got for this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Its great to get feedback, and we appreciate the positive feedback to. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us while attending your brothers wedding and are thrilled you plan to use Premier Inns in the future.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped here for a night . two rooms both almost non existent phone signal . So if thats important book somewhere else .

Car park seemed adequate . not the best or the worst I have stayed at , TGI food choices not what I was expecting. If you like USA style stuff and like ribs you will be ok ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_PremierInnCC, Manager at Premier Inn Cheltenham Central (West/A40) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you continue to choose Premier Inn.
Here, There and Everywhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a very warm night in June. The air con was amazing and staff easily accomodated my request for an additional fan. All the staff we encountered were very polite and helpful. Room was usual Premier Inn fare, comfortable and pretty clean. Only fault was some of the higher shelves and surfaces were dusty, something i tend to pick up on as an ex hotel manager, but not immediately visable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologise you found dust on the higher surfaces. Re-training will be carried out with the housekeeping team to ensure that all areas of the rooms are dusted. I am pleased you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.