“First visit”

Premier Inn Cheltenham North West
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was my first visit to a Premier Inn so I had no idea what to expect. Clean, comfortable and quiet, but the place was not full, so I don't know what its like if its heaving, the Festival for instance! The TV is stone age but reception tell me that its in the process of being upgraded. All in all a good experience; I'd go back!

Room Tip: Its cheek by jowl with a Beefeater. Although it wasn't a problem for me, if you like quiet you...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have stayed at this Premier Inn more than a dozen times over the last 10 years and have always found it to be one of the best. It’s recently been extended, so some rooms are more modern than others, but overall it’s a decent budget hotel.

Sadly on this occasion, check-in was a nightmare. After arriving at the unmanned reception (it was 10pm) and ringing the buzzer for staff, I tried to pay for my room, and my colleague’s room, but the computer system crashed.

We were kept waiting 15 minutes while staff tried to reboot the computer – unsuccessfully. I was then asked to re-enter my card and PIN number for both rooms, a request that I repeatedly refused as my card had already been accepted on both occasions and I did not want to be charged twice. Again they could not get any invoices to print. Having been driving for 5 hours, I politely requested our room keys and we were eventually allowed to check in.

My room was clean and reasonably quiet, especially considering it overlooked a dual carriageway. The bathroom was small but everything worked well. As with most Premier Inns, the bed was extremely comfortable. Overall, the room was pretty faultless.

The following morning, reception staff were able to print off our invoices and – as I suspected – the payment had gone through first time, so lucky I had refused to enter my card details again.

Breakfast is standard Premier Inn fare in the Beef-Eater next door: don’t go expecting free-range eggs or anything fancy, but it’s a decent enough start to the day and staff were friendly and efficient.

Overall, I’m confident that the check in problem was a one-off, and would recommend this Premier Inn. The extension does appear to have eaten into car parking space, but it’s just five minutes from the M5 and a short drive from Cheltenham, so it’s perfectly placed for exploring this part of the country.

Room Tip: To be sure of the most modern room, request to stay in the new wing, which also appears to be furthe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We obviously stayed at this hotel on the same night as the previous reviewer! Check in was friendly and helpful and the room was as we have had in other Premier Inns but we would have liked two comfortable chairs or a small sofa as there were two of us. We enjoyed our dinner at the attached Beefeater and thought the £22 meal deal for dinner and breakfast was worth paying. However the noise from the guests attending a conference kept us awake most of the night. We heard people talking nearly all night and just mentioned it in passing as we checked out. We didn't know about Premier Inn's good sleep guarantee and told them it wasn't the hotel's fault but they insisted we had to have a refund! Pleasantly surprised and will certainly book Premier Inns again. Thank you PI.

Room Tip: There is a busy road outside so see where your room is before unpacking!
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is a typical Premier Inn, clean, modern and comfortable with friendly staff.However vocal noise from nearby rooms is easily heard and on the last night we were disturbed by members of a group attending a conference from the room oppposite for about 2 hours whilst we were trying to sleep.In line with the Good Nights Sleep Guarantee the charge for this night was refunded by Premier Inn.We were a bit surprised to be allocated a family room with a double and single bed. It would have been been better if our room had 2 chairs to sit on.Otherwise, stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Cheltenham North West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Many thanks for your review.
It is very important to us that our guest's enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We do hope that your refund in line with our Good Night Guarantee reaffirmed to you our commitment to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay, please be assured that your comments will be passed onto the Management Team at the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

myself husband and two teens booked two rooms for a stopover on the way to devon to break the journey up, have always drove straight there before and it was a good decision, the rooms were clean and spacious and good value for money, my only gripe is the bed was very hard, but we would still stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This Premier Inn was conveniently placed for touring, and although on a main road we had a room at the back, and it was very quiet. Lots of parking available. On the whole apart from the uncomfortable bed (and this is the only one of the Premier inns we have experienced this, so maybe we got a bad bed), the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay, and the Beefeater attached to this hotel was superb. Good friendly service, and good food. Would use again.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Nice clean room
would like to have two or more chairs to sit on
Nice friendly staff