“Very nice”
Review of No 131

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a meal with friends and really enjoyed it, nice atmosphere, busy place. Quite expensive for drinks and always hate paying for bread and sides. Perfect location near the town centre and taxi rank. Love the style of the public rooms. Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsKCheltenham

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

In my opinion this is the best hotel/bar/restaurant in cheltenham. Service is akways outstanding, food and drink is amazing and the atmosphere is great. Staff are all friendly and helpful and really look after you. Evenings are always busy but that in my opinion is a good thing. Service is always consistent. Will continue to visit as much as I can.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Always a welcome and love the understated vibe this place has. Food excellent and the ambience fab in the courtyard. The complimentary water is a nice touch as this is usually an extra charge. We had the surf and turf platter and the langoustines were perfect!!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have been to 131 a few times for a late drink in Crazy Eights (the bar downstairs). My frustration with this place is the lack of information regarding drinks and their corresponding prices and the miserable bar staff. I struggle everytime to choose a drink, whether it be a nice glass of red wine or something a bit stronger like a bourbon. There's never any list to look at even if you point it out to the bar staff that you don't know what to drink. Hello? Is there a wine list or a menu of drinks? No, I simply ask for a nice glass of red wine like a Rioja or a Shiraz.....blah,blah. So I suppose it's my own fault really, I'm lining myself up like a sitting duck. I get my wine and my fiancee gets his pint of bitter/lager. That will be £17 please!! Are you kidding me?? I need a bloody drink after that little shocker. The place is beautifully designed, furniture and decor is elegant and expensive but come on 131, this is Cheltenham not Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saphey
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed for one night, when we arrived we were upgraded to room 6. The room was beautiful and had a lovely large bathroom. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The bath tub in the bedroom was the best and the products available smelt lovely. We had turn down service and when we got back from an evening out, the staff had left hot milk, chocolate stirrers and cookies. The hotel give you a parking permit so you don't need to pay for parking. They also leave a breakfast tray with apple or orange juice and pastries at a time of your choice in the morning. A lot of reviews saying rooms are hot, I thought the temperature was fine and a fan was provided. One thing I would say is I had no idea how to use the nespresso machine!? maybe some instructions in the room would be an idea. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, I would love to return one day.

Room Tip: Room 6 is lovely
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

One night of 'us' time! What a lovely place to stay!! 131 is in a great position, perfectly located and with easy street parking with the hotels free parking permit. All staff were very efficient and friendly and our room was beautiful, every comfort catered for - and all beautifully clean! Loved waking up to complimentary juice and pastries..and then having the best ever 'full English'. We will definitely look forward to returning to 131! Thank You!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What an amazing stay! Stayed one eve for my birthday, absolutely beautiful room and the most amazing bathroom! Not much else to say, had a birthday note left for us in the room and the lady who checked us in and showed us to our room was so helpful and friendly!! (didn't get a name, sorry- young lady with blonde hair tied back-maybe Louisa?) it's all amazing and anyone thinking of thinking at staying in Cheltenham, this hotel is the one!!!! We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple