“A brilliant start to our honeymoon”
Review of Burlington House

Burlington House
Ranked #18 of 70 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A brilliant start to our honeymoon”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

All we needed was a nice bed and breakfast to break up the long journey from our home in Manchester to our honeymoon resort in Cornwall. What we got, thanks to the hospitality of Rita and Fred and the beautiful look of the room was an amazing start to our honeymoon and the two of us looking forward to returning.They made an extra special effort for our stay and even gave us a congratulations card, bubbly and chocs! The room was beautiful, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was delicious and served with a chat and lots of smiles. We can't recommend the Burlington House strongly enough, it's a must if your in the area. A+++ !!!

Room Tip: The black and white room is stunning.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
FREDERICK L, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Many thanks for your kind review. So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully, looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
manchester
Reviewed 15 May 2012

When you stay here....you dont get a bed and some breakfast....you get an experience !!!
Rita & Fred are 2 of the warmest caring and attentive hosts you could ever wish to meet hotel or no hotel !
I was given high quality service and was even asked how i wanted my individual items cooked for breakfast - this is NOT the norm for customer service in the uk and everyone else needs to take note !
The room was outstanding, very trendy and loud decor which i loved, and you even have a choice of several DVDs to play in the room.....
The bed was the most comfy i have ever slept in in my life ! and the breakfast was extremely high quality (Gorgeous mixed fruit salad & Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs cooked to perfection)....
Rita even went to the shop for me to get me some Soya Milk as I dont have dairy.....
Service second to none....all done with pleasure and some down to earth conversation thrown in too !
All in all......faultless !

Room Tip: doesnt matter !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
FREDERICK L, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Many thanks for your wonderful comments. Pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.
China
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Thank you very much for Fred and Rita's kind attention.
My name is Peter Chen. I traveled to UK alone.Fred and Rita are very thoughtful,they cooked different kinds of breakfast for me everyday,I like them very much.I have a very strong feeling that we are a family.
Fred and Rita alway give me the great ideas for the historic and interesting places which impressed me very much in cheltenham.They also give me the necessary information such like bus schedule and map which help me a lot.
The room of burlington house is very beautiful,clean and quiet.I had a very good rest in every night.

I will live in burlington house next time when I travel to burlinton.Beacuse I think this is my home.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank peter c
Petrolia, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Fred and Rita are very knowledgeable about Cheltenham and the area and provide a wonderful relaxing bed and breakfast experience. The breakfast is awesome and sets you up for the day. The rooms and bathrooms are of a high standard and very comfortable. Will be back soon.

Room Tip: All three rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Situated just outside the town, the rooms are tastefully furnished and modern, free wifi is available as well as freebiew tv. The owners are friendly and very helpful, it is conveniently located on a regular bus route which runs every 10 mins in the day and every 20 mins in the evening, its worth purchasing a day pass as its only a few pence more than a std return. Montpellier is a short distance away and offers a good selection of bars and restaurants

• Stayed March 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Booked to stay here while exploring Cheltenham and Gloucester for potential living. I have very high standards of cleanliness and this place met them in every way. Stayed in the twin room with my son and he barely wanted to leave the comfort of the room. Bedding was all exceptionally clean, just like the rest of the room. Towels were spotless and fresh and shower was electric so no problems with cold showers or lack of pressure. Tea and coffee in room along with lovely packets of biscuits. Every detail is carefully taken into consideration in this place. The breakfast in the morning was exceptional and everything on the table spotless. I cannot find any faults! I am a non driving and the owners kindly gave me a lift to the station with my heavy luggage on checkout. I was also given great advice and lent bus timetables. Although situated outside of Cheltenham I found it very easy to get around by bus from the B and B. Overall a wonderful place with very lovely owners.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you find what you are looking for in the areas you are searching. We hope to see you again in the future.

kind regards,

Rita @ Fred
Burnley
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Just returned from a weekend in Cheltenham at the Burlington. The proprietors were away but the couple left in charge were lovely. Our radiator was not working in the bathroom but this was sorted out immediately. The price of a taxi to our party venue was extortionate and so we were whisked away in their car to the venue without any fuss. Breakfast was glorious and their friendliness was above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you. Will definitely visit again!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple