“Gold standard of B and B experiences”
Review of Burlington House

Burlington House
Ranked #22 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014

On arrival Rita made me feel exceptionally welcome and the house and bedroom were beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The bed in particular was extremely comfortable. It's rare for the balance to be struck so well between the charm of staying in an uniquely styled home with the sort of privacy and peace you can receive at a hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

many thanks for your kind review of Burlington House. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we shall see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wow, what a wonderful little oasis. I am a frequent lone female business traveller. Sick and tired of staying in soulless 'cheap' hotels I decided to try Burlington House.
As soon as I pulled on to the drive way I knew I was in for a treat. Now I have always been put off by being a lone female traveller and staying in a private B and B. Images of Alfred Hitchcock Psycho seem to float across my mind when Im searching for accommodation. However, I am now a changed woman! No more, warm rubber fried eggs, warm milk on cereal, cold toast, stuffy air con soulless rooms, pubes in showers, asking for irons and hair dryer because I have finally realised there is life after 'cheap' hotels.
travelling for business means that things are always on a tight budget. But I will now look for private BB to stay in and this is why.
Burlington House is just lovely. Rita and Fred are true professionals, they genuinely do want to make sure you have everything you need and they are warm and friendly. The room I stayed in was lovely. Clean, luxurious, spacious, bright and very comfortable. There were little extras like, bottled water, tea, coffee, biscuits, hand wash, shower/shampoo, tissues, cotton wool, ear buds, fluffy towels, face cloth, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, alarm clock, tv, dvd, free wifi - all this plus service with a smile.
The bonus for me was that I never sleep when I am away from home, never. But I slept like a princess, in fact I actually over slept, so when you stay here, make sure you set that alarm clock.
I have already recommended this wonderful place to my clients and I will only be staying here in future, when Im in Cheltenham. Thank you so much Rita and Fred.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

many thanks for your very kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again at some time in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lovely warm welcome from Rita and Fred and breakfast was great. Beautifully decorated room and very comfy bed. There is a restaurant nearby, wifi is good and parking so everything you could need. Will defiantely be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed as a group taking all 3 rooms and Rita and Fred were just amazing....nothing was too much trouble and we were really looked after. They were so professional and yet delightfully friendly with it. They helped in every way they could and made sure we were happy and comfortable every second of our stay. Our children were accommodated and entertained and nothing was too much trouble. Thanks so much. We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we shall see you again at sometime in the future.

kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night for business and enjoyed my stay at the Burlington house, twin room on the front was very spacious and Rita provided an excellent breakfast to start my day. I will be returning as its an ideal location just outside Cheltenham town and the room rates are good too - I will book direct next time instead of using late rooms !!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and we were very happy with the room and location.
Rita and Fred the owners are very experienced and the facilities they provide are excellent.
They are a helpful couple,very knowledgeable.
We had room 3 which is large and very comfortable.As it's on the front of the property there is some slight road noise but it was not an issue at all.We enjoyed 2 nights sleep.
Followed in the morning by a fantastic breakfast selection.
The property is on the 94 bus route which are every 10 minutes and about 20-30 minute walk to the town centre.
Cheltenham is a great town to visit,lots of character and really good shops and restaurants,especially in the Montpelier area.
A tip regarding the price per night...book direct you will get a cheaper rate than using the on-line booking web-sites.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. We are please that you enjoyed Burlington House and Cheltenham. We hope that you will stay with us again at some time in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Burlington House whilst in Cheltenham to celebrate a friend's birthday. We received a confirmation email a few days beforehand and as the proprietors (Rita & Fred) were due to be out themselves during the evening of our stay, Rita also called on the afternoon just to ensure we were not delayed. All very reassuring.
Rita & Fred are brilliant hosts, and Rita was kind enough to arrange a taxi for us as she knew they would be busy due to it being a races day.
The décor of the whole establishment is beautiful - all Rita's own designs. It's quite modern, but very in-keeping with the age and nature of the house. Our room was very comfortable, and well thought out.
Breakfast was excellent, with a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit salad and yoghurts followed by a great full English, washed down by lovely coffee.
We would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian P
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we shall see you again at sometime in the future.
Thanks again,