“Lovely Room, Exquisite Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Burlington House
Ranked #16 of 71 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely Room, Exquisite Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Rita gave me a hearty welcome and led me to an airy room upstairs with two beds, three windows, a large flat screen tv, closet space, and private bath. The next morning I was served a "proper English" breakfast in a beautiful breakfast room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that if you ever come back to Cheltenham, you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Once again we stayed for four nights while visiting my cousin in Cheltenham and once again we were given such a warm welcome by Rita and Fred, nothing is too much trouble for this lovely couple, even down to making me some granary bread for my toast , looking forward to staying again,

Room Tip: You would be happy in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abc02
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
may thanks for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed Saturday 17 May and what a delightful, quality Bed and Breakfast! An extremely warm welcome from Rita and Fred. Spotlessly clean with quality decor and furnishings throughout. Excellent sized rooms with all facilities working properly. Brilliant non greasy breakfasts are cooked to order with fresh fruit and a varied choice. 5 minutes by car to town centre with adequate free parking and wi-fi makes this an obvious choice. Beds extremely comfortable and the whole ambience leaves nothing to be desired as the owners are clearly very proud of the service that they offer and their establishment, which is first class. Do not miss out on staying in this relaxed home from home quality establisment! George and Ruth

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and spacious so no worries!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
many thanks for your very kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again at sometime in the future.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at this bed and breakfast a few nights every week for the past six months whilst working away from home. Rita and Fred were excellent hosts and always went the extra mile to make sure my stays were enjoyable and comfortable. I was always greeted with a warm smile and a lovely 'how are you' on my arrival, and they even offered me the occasional glass of wine which went down a treat after a long day at work! The rooms were spotless, warm and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious with lots of options available. The location of the bed and breakfast was perfect, with easy access to both Gloucester and Cheltenham. I would definitely recommend Burlington House to anyone visiting Cheltenham and surrounding areas!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
many thanks for your kind review of Burlington House. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we shall see you again at some time in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

On arrival Rita made me feel exceptionally welcome and the house and bedroom were beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The bed in particular was extremely comfortable. It's rare for the balance to be struck so well between the charm of staying in an uniquely styled home with the sort of privacy and peace you can receive at a hotel. I will be back!

freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
many thanks for your kind review of Burlington House. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we shall see you again soon.
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wow, what a wonderful little oasis. I am a frequent lone female business traveller. Sick and tired of staying in soulless 'cheap' hotels I decided to try Burlington House.
As soon as I pulled on to the drive way I knew I was in for a treat. Now I have always been put off by being a lone female traveller and staying in a private B and B. Images of Alfred Hitchcock Psycho seem to float across my mind when Im searching for accommodation. However, I am now a changed woman! No more, warm rubber fried eggs, warm milk on cereal, cold toast, stuffy air con soulless rooms, pubes in showers, asking for irons and hair dryer because I have finally realised there is life after 'cheap' hotels.
travelling for business means that things are always on a tight budget. But I will now look for private BB to stay in and this is why.
Burlington House is just lovely. Rita and Fred are true professionals, they genuinely do want to make sure you have everything you need and they are warm and friendly. The room I stayed in was lovely. Clean, luxurious, spacious, bright and very comfortable. There were little extras like, bottled water, tea, coffee, biscuits, hand wash, shower/shampoo, tissues, cotton wool, ear buds, fluffy towels, face cloth, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, alarm clock, tv, dvd, free wifi - all this plus service with a smile.
The bonus for me was that I never sleep when I am away from home, never. But I slept like a princess, in fact I actually over slept, so when you stay here, make sure you set that alarm clock.
I have already recommended this wonderful place to my clients and I will only be staying here in future, when Im in Cheltenham. Thank you so much Rita and Fred.

freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
many thanks for your very kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again at some time in the future.
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lovely warm welcome from Rita and Fred and breakfast was great. Beautifully decorated room and very comfy bed. There is a restaurant nearby, wifi is good and parking so everything you could need. Will defiantely be coming back.

freddy74, Owner at Burlington House, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Rita & Fred