Having heard positive things about the Big Sleep in Cardiff (where we live) I thought the Big Sleep in Cheltenham would be a nice option for an overnight stay whilst in town for a friend’s wedding. Our first impressions were good, the hotel is in a central location and there’s overnight parking underneath the hotel. The staff at reception were friendly and the hotel breakfast room bright and colourful with Orla Kiely wallpaper. Our room was ok, but not really much better than a Travelodge or Premier Inn…just with patterned wallpaper and ‘funky’ furniture, but the bathroom was really clean. It’s a shame there are no blinds at the window, so you either had to have the big wooly curtains open (they looked and smelt like sheep!) and risk being seen changing by the house opposite, or get ready in a cave-like room! The hotel seemed to be a popular choice for hen parties and I can see why, but there is a nightclub nearby that played music until the early hours so not great if you need a good night’s sleep. With just a little bit more thought about what guests need from a hotel, rather then just focusing on the décor this could be a much better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Citrus Hotel Cheltenham is located in the Centre of Cheltenham. The hotel offers a choice of 59 bedrooms, 2 meeting rooms, and on-site Bar and Restaurant. We offer great value for money, great customer service, innovative design and an exciting experience away from home – whether you’re visiting us for business or leisure. The Citrus Hotel, Cheltenham prides itself on being simple and very modern, with a wide range of bedrooms and suites at different prices to suit everyone – from the businessman or overseas traveler to families looking for a well deserved short break. Check out our great value short break offers and promotions – available to book direct. All bedrooms have flat screen TVs, broadband access*, WiFi*, room safes, hairdryers, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, and the latest technology in inter-floor personal security. The Citrus Hotel, Cheltenham is dog-friendly and charges apply, please contact the hotel for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Citrus Hotel Cheltenham By Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham
- Big Sleep Cheltenham
- Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham