Citrus Hotel Cheltenham By Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel)
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$292
US$269
  • Restaurant
US$179
US$170
US$173
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
  • Breakfast included
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$105
US$94
US$193
US$180
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
Priceline
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
US$866
US$802
Priceline
All reviewsbudget hotelcar parktown centresecure parkingbeanshigh streetyogurtwhat it says on the tinplenty of hot watergood sizebuffet styleon site parkinggreat central locationwould stay againbreakfast roomreception stafftea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great hotel for the price , spotless spacious comfortable rooms, and very helpful staff. The breakfast was extremely good for a budget hotel and the hotel is very central. Within easy walking distance of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BIRDSTAFFORDSHIRE
TBSH G, Manager at Citrus Hotel Cheltenham By Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay at The Big Sleep Hotel, Cheltenham. We always appreciate guest feedback whether it constructive or praise. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed elements of your stay with us. Thank you again for taking your time to leave a review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here as part of a hen party. It's fine for this purpose as the location is really good - it's right in the centre of town. 3 of us stayed in the family room which was huge. This comprised of a seperate dining table & chairs and a seperate sofa area and then a double bed & 2 bunk beds. On first glance it seems ok, but when you look closely it could benefit from a deep clean. Everything was quite shabby looking and knocked about. The cream sofas were well worn (wrong colour in a budget hotel) and the furry curtains (as many have mentioned before) are horrendous and none of us wanted to touch them. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and unfortunately we didn't get a great night's sleep. It's fine for the purpose of a hen party, but if I was staying here for any purpose I would be extremely disappointed. The breakfast offering was pretty poor looking so we didn't bother. Parking very limited so get there early. Extra charge for this which I think was £6 for 24 hours so not too bad. Public areas were quite clean and tidy, just bedrooms need major renovations. Staff were very pleasant which was a major plus point.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MAGGIE M

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed whilst visiting Daughter at Uni.

It is basic, but clean and airy with everything you need.

Staff are very friendly and for the cost of the stay it was good value.

The breakfast was a help your self which I have no problem with, as the area was clean, efficient and organised.

Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pauline h

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nightsl because I attended a course and was warned that parking was a problem, so I chose a hotel within walking distance of the course .

When I arrived I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful young man, I thought that I had chosen wisely! How wrong could I be.

The hotel was attempting to portray a trendy hip modern style but this was done on a budget and cheap things don't last. The whole place looked as if a good deep clean would not go amiss. The corridors are dark and dingy the rooms are noisy and due to location are overlooked by offices all around. The room itself was very tacky especially the blue fur curtains which I left open as I really did not like the look or feel of them goodness knows how much dust was in them.

The bathroom had a pleasant floor, however the designer had chosen to go up the side of the bath with it and it had sagged, not a good look. The closet did not have doors and the hanging area was too short for a knee length dress.

I tried in vain to make the safe work and failed on many attempts even with help from the staff, I gave up in the end.

The T.V was too small and the chill area did not contain the expected fridge even though it was labeled chill. Apparently that was just for show.

The bath towel had a huge knotted hair ball entwined in it which I had to cut out. There was mould on the windows and around the bath. The Capet and the bed had long hairs on and mine is short.

The bed was sooooo cheap every coil could be felt and heard, I actually slept on top of the duvet to try and sleep.

The general atmosphere was completely draining and I could not get away from there fast enough.

The only good thing was the staff who although sparse on the ground were all friendly and helpful.

Overall a cheap and unpleasant hotel. The actual cost was higher than both premier in and travel lodge both of which are better quality than this.

I will try and add the pictures I took so that you can see for yourself.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, if you actually want some sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DawnW758

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay at The Big Sleep Hotel, Cheltenham. We always appreciate guest feedback whether it constructive or praise. I am sorry to read that your stay was not to your liking and that you did not enjoy elements of your stay with us. Thank you again for taking your time to leave a review.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed for four nights in this budget hotel. Delivered more than I expected. Very clean roms and a bright pleasant breakfast area with good range of items on the buffet. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Right in centre of Cheltenham so it is a little noisy at night as there are lots of clubs nearby.

Room Tip: You can park for free on the street between 8pm and 8am. Rooms at front of hotel might have been quieter?
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family