“Unexpected find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Wales
“Unexpected find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Anyone looking for value, central location with underground parking and quirky, right in the center of Cheltenham. Look no further. The Big Sleep offers all. Not very attractive from ouside, inside you have everything you need. White rooms and bath rooms, with bright pink, blue or lime green poodle wool style curtains. We have just paid our 4th visit for a long weekend it never fails to amuse me. Breakfast is serve your-self, sharing tables with fellow guests but it is surprisingly good. Toast, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, bacon, boiled eggs, tea, coffee, pastries and croissant whatever takes your fancy included in the price. Ideally placed for the shops, local eateries and the theater. Ironing board on each landing, hairdryers, TVs, lovely and warm, with good beds. The carpets are a bit thin with no underlay so you can hear people walking about sometimes, but its never bothered us. Friendly staff. We didnt use the gym, but they do offer one for £3 just around the corner. Realy good price, what more can you want.
Love it
Wales Salsa

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank WalesSalsa
Simon D, Front Office Manager at The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear WalesSalsa

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your 4th visit to us here in Cheltenham!

We love to hear from our guests that we are providing what they want and not being anything other than what we are!

I hope that you managed to take advantage of the offers for the local bars and restaurants that we work with in the local area that offer you up to 25% off off food and drink whilst you were in the area? If not, don't forget to check your next confirmtion email or just ask at Reception on check-in.

If we do not get to see you again this year, all of us at The Big Sleep Hotel hope that you have a great Christmas and New Year and look forward to welcoming you back in 2014?

Don't forget to keep an eye on our NEW website, www.thebigsleephotel.com for all of our future offers for not only Cheltenham but also Cardiff and Eastbourne! (just in case you are in those pasrts of the world!?)

Front Office Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have stayed at The Big Sleep in Cheltenham a few times now and I have only praise - the rooms are very clean, bathrooms very clean, plenty of room, not cramped, extra pillows, hairdrier - believe me these are not available in some hotels costing a lot more! - breakfast is varied and always loads to eat, could improve a little on choice but overall good value for money and a pleasant stay :):):

Room Tip: If the penthouse is available and a good price, well worth the extra:):)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jelytoda
Simon D, Front Office Manager at The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Jelytoda

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us here at The Big Sleep Hotel, Cheltenham.

I am very pleased to see that you have stayed and enjoyed your vists several times with us.

It is good to recieve positive comments that are passed onto to all of the team members and hope that you come and visit us agin in th New Year?

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The city-centre location is great, but it has the atmosphere of a youth hostel and the rooms are decorated like a student dorm room, and it's fairly noisy and the noise really carries. Certainly not worth the price. Only gets a score of 2 because of the location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrianLucas
Dear BrianLucas

Thank you for taking the time to make a review on your recent stay.

All comments are taken serioulsy and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us.

As a Town Centre Hotel, there is invetiably going to be level of noise outside the Hotel that we are unable to control. We do try and allocate guests that have requested a quieter room to the rear of the Hotel, however, due to our location, we can not always guarantee this.

I can see that you were given a Complimentary upgrade into a larger room from the Standard Double, and I am sorry that you did not like this room type which is one of our Family Rooms, with a lounge area and kitchenette.

Front Office Sales Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cheltenham hotels

Sassenheim
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Besides a central location, I can't think of anything positive. The decoration is of bad taste, breakfast is poor (few choise and dryed out fruit), and the rooms are extremely noisy from souds outside: sea guls, other guest walking outside on the hallway and music being played from an another guests room which was extremely annoying. When I called the reception and noticed the music, they said it probably was X-factor because they were watching it also and they would keep an eye out. First of all, it wasn't X-factor music at all, and second, they did nothing to stop the noise. Worst of all, when I came back at the hotel after a long day, the card to enter the floor did not work and I had to go back to the reception to re-activate. When I actually was able to access the floor and I arrived at my room, the door was open. Apparantly, cleaning staff had left the door open all day and anybody could have walked in to take my computer and all my other things. This is unacceptable as you trust the hotel in keeping your things safe and the room is normally locked. When I went to the reception, the assistant manager apologised and promised to inform the manager who would come back at me. That did not happen of course. Although the hotel is not expensive, I wouldn't want to stay here anymore for all the above mentioned reasons.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mmr123
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding but I have been gathering all the informatiom from the relevant staff and will respond directly to you.

I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is of value to us here at The Big Sleep Hotel and is passed on to the team and where necessary, action taken immediately.

I shall be contacing you directly via your email address supplied at the time of making the reservation.

With kind reagrds

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Great value, clean room, helpful staff, an okay breakfast, great central location.

One big thing is the lack of parking, we arrived after an 8 hour car journey To be told there were no spaces left and had to find a pay and display paying £10 for the night! If you do plan to stay, try and reserve a parking space to avoid hassle.

We would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Georgia F
Dear GeorgiaF

Thank you for taking the time to review The Big Sleep Hotel, Cheltenham.

It is very rare that there is parking attached directly to a Hotel in a Town Centre. We do have 29 spaces in total and do ensure that this information is clearly visible on all websites and is backed up by an email sent to all guests as a 'Welcome to the Hotel' and I am sorry that you found that we were full upon your arrival.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel at some stage inn the future.

Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight on a Saturday in late October. No probs parking outside to check in but car park full so had to park in one of the few spaces in a lane behind hotel reserved for hotel guests (still charged the £6) but still cheaper than any NCP. At first during check in which was exceptionally quick, and entering room, it did have a feel of hostel type accommodation but I think that's because we always stay at premier inn and that's what we're used to. Rooms were very colourful (although I wasn't a big fan of huge blue fluffy curtains), and contained what you needed-bath, shower with complimentary soap/shampoo, toilet, comfortable bed, tv, and tea/coffee facilities. Not sure what else someone would want. Breakfast wasn't superb and eating area very small but it was edible complete with mini boxes of cereals/juices. Location for a night out or shopping was perfect as it's a minutes walk to pubs and shops. Would definitely stay again if I visited the area again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jez1982
Dear Jez1982

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Big Sleep Hotel, Cheltenham.

All coments that are made are taken seriously and I understand your comment about the Car Parking, however, as a Town Centre Hotel, it is very rare to find any parking attached to the Hotel, of which we do have 29 in total; 19 underneath the Hotel and 10 at the rear of the Hotel, all cvered by CCTV.

Unfortunatley the Breakfast area is a little small, however we do open an additional room on weekends/ busy periods which is located on the same level, allowing us to seat over 80 people at once.

I am pleased to see that you would stay with us again when you are in the area, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I found the big sleep clean, well priced, in a good location and with very friendly and helpful staff.

I needed to amend my booking three times and they made my life easy. The rooms were ideal for groups with simple, contemporary triples and quads available.

It was the ideal base for ten friends to go to the races, and then to enjoy Cheltenham in the evening (with everything walking distance).

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gnarloo
Dear Gnarloo

Thank you for your time reveiweing The Big Sleep Hotel, Cheletenham.

I am very pleased to see that we were able to ammend your booking to accommodate all of your guests and it was a pleasure to meet you upon check-in.

I hope that you will consider us for future Race events, or simply a visit to the area in the near future?