“First class treatment”

and 1 more site!
The Wyastone
Ranked #7 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2008

Ever since our stay in March I have been meaning to write this review. All the previous reviews are accurate.
This is not 5 star with waistcoated room service. This is charming, friendly, obliging and extremely good value.
Very handy for Cheltenham town centre - 5 minutes walk.
Clean rooms, comfortable and a great breakfast.
My mother booked this for me and my family. Thanks Mum!

• Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed 15 June 2008

My wife and i have just had a one night stay at the lovely Wyastone hotel.
As soon as we arrived, we were greeted as old friends, booked in quickly and before the normal time. We were shown to our room, number 3, at the front of the hotel. The room was nicely decorated, had a tv., tea and coffee facilities and a huge bay window.
Before we embarked on our adventures around Cheltenham we asked for advice on restaurants etc. The staff could not have been more helpful, giving us a choice of several recommended eateries to choose from.
When we returned after a long day, the bar was kept open for us to have a nightcap, and a pleasant chat with the owners, Karen and Michael which was very nice. After a good nights sleep breakfast was delicious and plentiful, served with a smile and very efficiently.
We can heartily recommend the Wyastone for a good value stay in Cheltenham, 2 minutes walk to pubs and restaurants, and only 5 minutes to the shops.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2008

I recently stayed for a week at the Wyastone in Cheltenham.
I highly recommend this hotel as it is close to the town centre and parks, but located in a quiet location away from traffic noise.
The owners were very helpful and pleasant people, who were complimented by their very professional staff.
I am a very fussy person - and would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

It also has wireless internet access.

Reviewed 21 May 2008

I stayed at the Wyastone for one week during May on a business trip. The new owners Karen and Michael were very friendly and accomodating, as was there staff. Great location in lovely tree lined streets close to fine dining and only a short walk to the shopping precinct. Will stay again.

Reviewed 20 May 2008

Being the first time staying in a hotel in the UK, I have to say it was a culture shock, but knowing what to expect from co-workers that have stayed in the area, it was perfect. It was exactly how they discribed it. I was the first to experiance their only renovated room, which the rest will be compleated by the end of the sumer. They did a very nice job making me feel welcome, the breakfasts were great and fresh, atmosphere was wonderful the staff were great and very accomidating. If you are looking for Hilton sort of feel this place is not for you.

Cheers

Jason

1  Thank Andromida
Reviewed 2 May 2008

We arrived in the early evening and parked in the hotel car park.
Check-in was friendly, quick and easy. We were shown to the room and not just given the key and left to find it ourselves.
The room was very large and spotlessly clean very with a massive bed.
Before leaving to walk into town we had a drink in the very nice cosy bar. The town centre is a very pleasant ten minute walk away. There isn't a night porter but our key allowed us in when we returned at midnight after a concert. There was no noise of any kind until we were woken by the sound of birdsong.
The breakfast was good quality with plenty of excellent coffee.
We are returning with friends for a show at the Everyman Theatre in June and have booked to return to the Wyastone for a two night stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2008

My husband has been on business trips to the Chetlenham area before and this time I was able to join him. It was my first trip to England and I am delighted that we took his co-worker's recommendation and stayed at the Wyastone. I was on my own during the day and without a car. Karen and Michael, the owners, were extremely helpful in assisting me to use the local buses for "day trips" and recommending places in town to visit.

The hotel itself was clean and the breakfast excellent. The Wyastone has the comfort and friendliness of a B & B but also the independence and privacy of a private inn. The room was very comfortable and the only problem (too soft bed) was immediately remedied. The bed was two twins joined to form a queen. There was no problem with the joining - the special mat used made it impossible to tell it was two beds. But when I commented that the bed was too soft for me, my husband was puzzled because he thought it was just fine -- but only his side was. We realized the problem and asked Karen if I could have a bedboard to firm up my part of the bed. When I returned that afternoon, they had changed the entire mattress to match my husband's (and still offered a board if I wanted it) and I was perfectly happy and comfortable. And do trust their restaurant recommendations -- excellent food and a reasonable price both times.
Thanks, Karen and Michael, for a lovely introduction to west England.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple