“Hard to beat”
Review of Bridge House

Bridge House
Ranked #16 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2011

There are good B & B's and there are bad ones,but this was in a class of excellence that we have rarely found on our travels. Ann & Peter are most attentive hosts and know just how to respond to their guests right from the point of arrival onwards. From the welcoming cup of tea to the clean and well equipped bedroom there was nothing to fault and everything to praise. I will single out the breakfast which comprised of well sourced food combined with just the right portion allocation. Well done indeed and I assure you that we will pass this way again.

Martin & Hilary Wellock

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinWellock

Reviewed 25 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Cheltenham. We paid £65/night (including breakfast) for a double en suite room.

Bridge House is a mid-size B&B with five rooms and friendly, welcoming owners. It's approximately a five minute walk from the station and 20-25 to the town centre (or you can get a bus from just outside Bridge House). The B&B part of the establishment has its own separate entrance with a key pad lock (you're given the code when or just before you arrive) - this means you can easily come and go as you wish or even (as in our case) arrive quite late at night.

Our room was a good size and clean with a comfortable double bed. The en suite was a little small and basic, but perfectly functional. My one complaint would be that the room was quite warm and when the window was open we were disturbed by traffic noise, so if I were to stay again I would request a room at the back.

Breakfast was served in the dining room around one big table, so an opportunity to meet and chat to other guests (although whether this is good or bad depends on your preferences I guess!). There was a good choice of cereals and fruit, followed by any combination of full English breakfast items. Anne's scrambled eggs are highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJB21
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Bridge House is located within walking distance from the train station and offers a warm, cozy environment, great hospitality, and an excellent breakfast! We were warmly welcomed and the hosts made sure we had everything we needed from directions to recommendations for dinner and even wine glasses! Our room was quite comfortable and extremely clean. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Arrived quite tired after a long bus/train journey. Peter took my suitcase to my room (very unusual these days) Nice touch! Anne greated me with a lovely pot of tea and biscuits. I was then shown to my room, which was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean and comfortable. Everything worked, which was a nice change. Plenty of tea, coffee, bics etc. Shower was wonderful and complimentary shower/shampoo. Had 2 wonderful nights sleep and 2 great breakfasts. Absolutely nothing I could fault. (First time ever) I would highly recommend this Guest house to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank emerald69uk
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We, my son and I, have stayed at this venue for 4 years, for the Cheltenham Festival. It is ideally located for the town centre, a short walk - 15 mins, and also for the transport links, eg motorway, train station and racing shuttle bus pick up point, 10 mins walk. We are always made to feel welcome by Anne and Peter, from our time of arrival, to the time of departure. Our room is en suite, always clean, with all the usual toiletries. A tv is available in the room, with drinks and biscuits also. Breakfast is not to be missed and can be basic or full on, and this has to be tried. Anne and Peter are very friendly and always up for a chat and/or a laugh, usually at my expense, but this is totally acceptable and deserved. We always look forward to our next visit. We beleve that it is excellent value for money, and suits our needs admirably.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank barryf114
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This B&B is immaculate, cozy and inviting. The room was wonderful, the bed was very comfortable, even with my finicky back. The breakfast was fabulous- homemade bread and jams (try them all). Peter was very nice, very attentive, yet not intrusive. I'm looking forward to going back. I told my wife it was one of the best hotel experiences I'd had a a long time. Bravo!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CaptainDunsel
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Stayed for 3 nights as part of a business trip to the area. Free WiFi and good comfortable rooms. We were well looed after by friendly, but non intrusive owners. Location great for travelling around the area and walking into town for meals. Would definately stay again. Thanks to all
KM Edinburgh