“Centre of town - great food and wine”

Hotel du Vin Cheltenham
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Very relaxing - staff were very professional and the food and wine excellent

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was my preferred hotel for over two years when I was working on assignment in Cheltenham. The rooms were comfortable, the staff highly professional (as well as kind and courteous), the food and drink were lovely. It was like a home-from-home - I was very sad to have finished my assignment.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GerMar60
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Fantastic location in the centre of Cheltenham, nice roomoverlooking the back patio.
Comfy bed and a great walk-in shower and soft towels.
Diner in the restaurant as expected great with some fantastic wines.
For breakfast i would recommend the eggs benedict!! really jummy.

Will be back soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel with friends and was very impressed with the standard. We had a standard room but it housed a lovely king bed. The shower was superb and I didn't want to get out!
We had dinner in the private dining area of the hotel in the evening and drinks in the bar. The hotel seemed very lively in the evening, i think a lot of non residents must come for drinks. Overall the service was great as was the location. The only negatives were that there is not enough parking for guests and as result I had to pay in the public car park at the back. I would definitely go back here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed here for 1 night when up tot watch a rugby match in the area. We had a little trouble when we arrived as they couldn't find the booking we had made that morning on the system but luckily they had a spare room and booked us in - we were a little miffed the next morning when they said that they had found our original booking and that they had charged us for 2 rooms as they had "lost the opportunity to fill the second room" - thankfully common sense prevailed and I was refunded 1 of the rooms! Warm and cosy hotel with excellent breakfast and prviate dining room.

Room Tip: Ask to be claose to the entrance as it is a bit of a rabbit warren - our room was 5 minutes wal from...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CandidKiwi
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was treated to a 2 night stay here by my boyfriend for my birthday.On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly lady on reception who seemed more than happy to deal with us.We were then personally shown to our room by another member of staff,this time male but equally as friendly.In the room was a personal happy birthday note for me which was a nice touch.I have to say although we were lucky with parking,the rest of the weekend the small car park was full and the free parking on the street was very limited which might not be such a problem on weekdays.

The room itself was not huge but very tastefully decorated and clean.It had an older feel to it with large wooden wardrobe,flocked wallpaper and huge long drapes but had all the modern touches you would expect.We did find that our window was broken which meant we couldnt open it to let air in without wedging something under it.We used an empty can!We mentioned this to the staff and although they were very apologetic and someone did come to look at it unfortunately it wasn`t fixed during our stay.

Now on to the reason i couldn`t give the full 5 stars.The bathroom,as clean as it was to look at,was smelly and it let the room down.I do have a very good sense of smell but on the 2nd day my boyfriend could also smell it.It was just faintly public toilet!Such a shame.Aside from that the bathroom was lovely,again old style fittings such as the HUGE roll top bath.My boyfriend did have trouble with water going over the side of the bath during showering but careful arranging of the shower curtain sorted that out.

We didn`t eat at the hotel but i did sample their amazing cocktail menu.There was certainly lots to choose from and enough beers/ciders to keep the boyfriend happy too!Ok it wasn`t cheap but then you don`t expect it to be.It was a treat after all!

The hotel staff were helpful in giving us a map and directions for places we might like to visit and there were lots of nice restaurants nearby that were reasonably priced.The shops were also less than a 10 min walk so top marks for location!

All in all a much enjoyed stay and i would definately recommend it for a luxury treat with lovely staff,fab drinks and shopping on the doorstep!

I will return!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful night away in HDV, Cheltenham. The room with twin baths and immense bed was luxurious. The staff very attentive and friendly and the food well presented. We loved the place and were treated wonderfully. I would recommend the experience

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple