Hotel du Vin Cheltenham
US$151
US$142
  • Restaurant
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$112
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
US$120
US$112
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
US$205
US$188
Chic Retreats
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$102
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$85
Priceline
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$149
US$138
Agoda.com
1,088 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showerjunior suitesunday nightnespresso machinean upgrademini barlovely hotelfree standing bathfood and winereception staffstandard roomwalk in showerservice at breakfastgreat roomlimited parkingspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great weekend away with friends. Have been to a number of HdVs but this ranks as the best! Fantastic dinner in the bistro, with great recommendations from the Italian sommelier. Rooms were very comfortable and breakfast was something to linger over!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
GM-HDV-Cheltenham, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend with us and found both dinner and breakfast to be fantastic. I will also be sure to pass on your kind words to our Head Sommelier.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just got back after staying for 3 nights. It is a nice hotel, ideally situated to explore the shops as well as to travel round the Cotswolds. Lovely room, mind it should have been as we took advantage of an offer to upgrade our room to a suite, but I have stayed in suites before and rarely had such a nice comfortable room. We only ate in the hotel at breakfast and 1 night for dinner but found the food to be excellent. I had been a little concerned about parking in view of the reviews from a previous guest but we had no problems and even if we couldn't have got into the car park there were always plenty of spaces in the road within 100 yards of the hotel. However for me what was outstanding about the hotel was its staff. Every single one was pleasant, helpful and courteous. Whatever you wanted they went out of their way to fulfil. A bulb went in a lamp in the room and was replaced within 5 minutes of it being reported to reception. Brilliant and thanks to them our stay was even more enjoyable than we could have anticipated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-HDV-Cheltenham, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read your review and hear about your stay and how much you enjoyed it.

We are very proud of the team that we have here at the Hotel Du Vin Cheltenham, and reading your comments will definitely give them a sense of achievement as it is always nice to hear when we have been able to go above and beyond for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Du Vin at the end of October and were fortunate enough to be on an all expenses paid trip with Junior Suites.

Amazing rooms, double roll top baths, separate bedroom, twin rain showers, twin sinks.

Breakfast was excellent, evening meal was excellent.

We had spa treatments at the hotel which were very good indeed, recommend the hot stone massage.

A wonderful weekend in a beautiful hotel. Would definitely stay again but only if it was in a Junior Suite!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Junior Suite - worth the extra if you can stretch to it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smithy_8

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review following your stay with us earlier this month.

We are delighted to hear that you had a thoroughbly enjoyable time with us and made the most of our fantastic Junior suite with dual showers and bath tubs.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

It's only the second review ever written by me, the first was a glowing recommendation. Ate in the main restaurant last night and we were a table of six. Ambiance is great but not much else.
We waited over 50 mins for starters. Then we waited 20 mins for the empty plates to be cleared but only after we asked.
While the starter plates were on the table a waiter tried to put a main course ON TOP of one of the empty starter plates! The main course wasn't even for our table it was for someone else. Despite this it was left on our table for a long time in front of my guest until it was taken away.
My medium rare steak was very well done and had to be sent back.
One of our party who ate mussels was ill all night. I left a sizeable tip of over 10% despite all the trouble and problems as I didn't want to cause a fuss and spoil the evening.
This is a restaurant which is pretending to be something it isn't and charging far too much for what it delivers. I was embarrassed and apologised to my guests.
I complained to the management who were apologetic and refunded the cost of my steak. Lots of staff but most seem poorly trained and don't even know who's ordered what when they bring food to the table. In short overpriced and under delivered.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark M
GM-HDV-Cheltenham, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time to review your most recent visit to our Bistro.

Please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory service that you received the other night. I can assure you that this is not a typical Hotel Du Vin experience and that my Bistro Manager was very to shocked to read such comments about the service you received.

Having been aware of the issues you had experienced on the night we had sought to make amends with a gesture for you and we were givien the impression on your departure that this had been dealt with appropriately and you were satisfied with the response. However on reading your feedback I believe that this may not be true.

I would be more than happy to discuss your feedback in person should you wish to contact me at giles.hammond@hotelduvin.com.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, as I am confident that you will notice a marked improvement and your experience can be put down as a one off.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked two rooms following my daughters graduation. One standard and one superior. The superior room was actually smaller than the standard and you had to stand up to look out of the window. The rooms were both very clean but I had to hunt in the wardrobe for the kettle etc.
The bar staff were not pleasant especially it seems when they heard my son in laws Yorkshire accent and treated us with distain. Breakfast was a joke. We were told that we had to pay extra for a cooked breakfast which was fine, however we arrived for breakfast at 8am it took till 8.15 till someone asked us what we would like, then 30 minutes later after other people had been served I asked wher ours was and was told there was a technical hitch with the order being sent via a computer to the kitchen!!! Eventually the food arrived which was very good. we finally left the dining room at 9.05. As I approached reception to complain I was told that there would be no charge. There was no apology from either the reception staff or the dining room staff. A very disappointing stay and one not to be repeated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CPN-Lancashire
GM-HDV-Cheltenham, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time to post your recent review.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the less than satisfactory service that you experienced during your stay with us. I can ssure you that this is not a typical HDV experience and following your comments I have investigated the feedback with the relevant Managers who will be communicating it back to their relevant departments. Both the Bar and Bistro Managers were highly embarrassed to hear such feedback as this is definitely not the level of service they both pride themselves on.

I would be more than happy to discuss your feedback in person, should you wish to contact me via email at giles.hammond@hotelduvin.com in order for us to make amends and restore your faith within Hotel Du Vin Cheltenham.

I am confident that on your next visit to Hotel Du Vin Cheltenham you will notice a marked improvement.