“Pure luxury!”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Pure luxury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My Partner & I stayed in the Moët Vintage Suite for his a birthday a few weeks ago. My goodness, what an experience!!! As we entered the suite I was speechless at how incredible the room was. It had 2 roll top baths that were lay side by side and were dazzling white just calling your name. The power of the showers were refreshing & fabulous. The bed was enormous & so comfortable it made it very hard to get out of. After a few hours relaxing in the Suite we ventured to the bar for a few cocktails that were just fabulous & then enjoyed a meal that if I could sum it up in one word it would simply be 'divine!' I had the beef bourginon while my partner devoured the steak claiming it was the best he had ever had! Breakfast again was incredible, with such a wonderful choice of mouth watering pastries & scrumptious breakfast options. The surroundings were pleasant & calm with a warm & welcoming atmosphere. We will most definitely be visiting here again. Thank you so much for a truly wonderful experience !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The first time I visited Hotel du Vin for a group meal after racing was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant wine, fabulous service, and the food was wonderful. Could not have rated the place more highly. Expecting similar treatment, I returned with a smaller group at Easter. We waited nearly an hour before anyone took our food order. There were drinks on the table, but that was it. We were told that this was because of a staff shortage, but that did not appear to affect the other tables being served. I was very disappointed, having had such a positive experience previously. The food was still cooked beautifully, but having such bad service affected the whole meal. I will certainly not be returning, or recommending that anyone else does. Such a pity when the venue has so much going for it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
GM-HDV-Cheltenham, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank-you for your recent review.

We are obviously disappointed to hear such feedback, however I can assure you that since Easter 2013 the service has been improved as you will be able to see from the reviews since then.

I am very confident that should you choose to return again in the near future you will not be disappointed.

We hope that you do give us a chance to restore your faith within HDV Cheltenham.

Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

What a fabulous Sunday Brunch for only £24.95...FOUR courses....soup, followed by a splendid seafood platter (as much as you can eat), then the main course, finnished off with a mouth watering sweet. Not only is this the best in Cheltenham but chances are you wont be able to finnish your meal,(as we couldnt), it is just brilliant and so much of it....PERFECT.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent visit for our Sunday Brunch.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch with it's "French Market Table" recently. Since it's launch it has been a very popular offering within Cheltenham offering a wide variety of choices and great value for money.

We hope to see you again on a Sunday very soon.

Kind regards

General manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here on the Christmas package. The room was a little on the small size, particularly given some of the massive rooms I've enjoyed at other hotels in the chain. However, it was clean, nicely laid out and comfortable.

The restaurant and general environment of this hotel is fantastic. The aim of the group I think is to provide a boutique hotel experience at a realistic price, and they manage this perfectly. The staff are well turned out and extremely helpful. The bar and restaurant and beautifully designed and laid out. The details are well considered and well put together.

The quality of service is what puts it into the excellent category. From the first person you see at breakfast to the late night receptionists.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review following your stay with us over the festive period.

We were delighted to read such positive feedback as it is always nice to know when we have made a guests stay that much more memorable.

Our prices and details for December 2014 will be released very soon so be sure to keep your eye on our website for all the best deals and packages.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have been coming to Hotel du Vin in Cheltenham for many years, and have fallen in love with it.

HOTEL - I have stayed at the hotel on three seperate occasions, each as good as the next. We had different rooms each time, some including the roll top baths in the bedroom and the monsoon showers. Nothing I can say that was wrong with the stays. Clean crisp bedding, plenty of space to relax, as this is what you want from a hotel stay. The breakfast is glorious, so much to choose from. I have never had a problem with it being crowded or items running out. Now that we live a 5 minutes it would be a bit frivolous to stay here, but we recommend it to people coming down to see us.

BAR - We quiet often come to the hotel for drinks to start (or end) the evening. The cocktails especially are scrummy. Even when we asked for a cocktail not on the list, the barman whipped it up no problem. It is such a nice place to enjoy a drink, even more so during one of Cheltenhams many festivals.

WINE TASTING - I have organised wine tasting at Hotel du Vin, and was blown away. This was mainly due to Roberto, he really made our night. There are different types of wine tasting to choose from, but we had an option of three white, and three red, with each person in the group having a favourite. I would recommend this a fun thing to do whilst in Cheltenham, even if you are not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank-you so much for your recent review following your stay at HDV Cheltenham.

We are very grateful for you taking time to share your experience that you had with us, both myself and my staff were very proud to read such complimentary words.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My go-to place every time I'm in town. Modern, comfortable rooms with wi-fi, cable and a great bathroom; includes everything you could possibly need/want in a room. Every room is unique and makes you believe that you're at a luxury ski resort. Absolutely love the lounge and restaurant. Bar has seating area with couches and big lounge chairs, nice for a drink and working on your tablet. Restaurant has a lovely menu - everything I had was delicious - and a robust wine list. Low-key and relaxed environment. Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read such positive feedback regarding your stay. I have pass your feedback onto the rest of the team who were all very happy to hear such great comments.

Please do keep an eye out for all of our most recent and up to date rates and packages on our website.

Hopefully see you again soon.

Regards

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here as I was working in the area. It is a very well appointed small hotel with very friendly staff - just what I like when staying away from home. The room as bright and airy and good space for me to work. The WiFi worked well and there was plenty of space in the bar/lounge area where I could met with a colleague over a coffee. I have a couple of hotels that I like in the Cotswolds area and this is definately one of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

thank you for your recent review having spent some time staying with us whilst int he area on business.

We were very pleased to hear that you rate us so highly as your preferred hotel within the Cotswold Area.

I will be such to pas on your feedback to the rest of the team who will be delighted to hear it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards