Hotel du Vin Cheltenham
US$105
US$94
US$193
US$180
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$101
Hotels.com
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
Priceline
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
US$968
US$802
Priceline
1,088 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showerjunior suitesunday nightnespresso machinean upgrademini barlovely hotelfree standing bathfood and winereception staffstandard roomwalk in showerservice at breakfastgreat roomlimited parkingspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I don't like to whinge unnecessarily......but you'll need to lower your expectations if you're in the standard rooms. We paid a little under £300 for 2x nights and expected perfection - we got a view of the magistrates court (inc. the prison van doing the morning drop-offs....), a bathroom in need of some attention (dirty tiles, cracked sink/flooring, tired/used amenities, a long hair under the greying bath mat), tables not cleared at breakfast (meaning we sat next to someone else's leftovers for 45mins) and - my personal favourite - a charge of £4 to send me my phone charger (which I'd left behind) when the stamps totalled £2.90 (did they really need to charge me anything?!)

I know it sounds like a whinge but it was a treat for my wife and I and we expected the very best. £300 might be the cheapest room in the place, but it's still a lot of money.

Yes the bar is nice, as is the restaurant, with a good breakfast. The staff are nice/helpful, the location great, but I'm sorry, we won't be going back because it's the little things that count too.

Really, really disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't go for the standard room!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

If you need to impress someone, fine, but if its just yourself, then Hotel du Vin is just plain expensive. When you are surrounded by your luggage I like to check in/out standing at a bar height desk. Trying to sit interview style at a low desk is just awkward. If you are offered help with your bags, take it, my room was in the basement but the route involved stairs up as well as stairs down, and no lift. Now the room; should really have asked. The A/C was not guest controllable - cooling only and perhaps too cool. First class furnishing, excellent TV, great mattress and a good nights sleep. One slight niggle, the washbasin was a fine example of modern Italian style, but of no practical use. Too shallow, can't get your hands comfortably under the fawcett let alone the kettle. Food; the main claim to fame; well presented, well served, good flavours. I would have liked a little more choice, I have some dietary fads that rules out half of it on account of the gluten content. However the price! You're going to blow your full allowance. (go to Montys round the corner; equally good, better value)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times and find the rooms excellent. I've only stayed in standard rooms but they are spacious, modern, stylish and comfortable. Large TV's with good range of channels.

Finding the room can sometimes be difficult as not clearly signed and as they use names rather than numbers, they're not obvious.

The meals in the Bistro are good quality but pricey. The wine is extremely pricey, especially by the glass, and even more so when the automatically include a 10% charge on your bill including the drinks!

The staff however are really top notch and really friendly and helpful.

Despite the high food costs I'd happily stay here whenever I'm in town

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a couple of nights to get away from London and stay in some luxury. Initially we reserved the "superior" room for 2 nights though on receiving an email offering an upgrade we were quick to treat ourselves to a junior suite.
On arriving we were told the hotel was fully booked and we weren't able to upgrade... followed by dinner reservations which wouldn't be until 930. A little disheartened we headed to our "superior" room. We were not impressed. Low ceilings and airless the small bed wouldn't accommodate my 6 ft 4 husband, a roll top bath squeezed in at the foot of it overlooking a car park and a bathroom that was in strong need of some tlc (which was agreed by the deputy manager on duty that night, who took photos to show maintenance). A real disappointment. We looked online and it was the spitting image of the standard room with a bath squeezed in nothing like the images of the "superior" room shown on the website.
The deputy manager was very nice and sympathetic, offering to move us the following night but was unable to do anything else. We didn't stay.The drive back to London was more appealing than staying a night in that room. Near £400 for the 2 nights not including dinner. Very cheeky, there is more luxury at home.

Room Tip: Don't book the standard or superior room in the new part of the building. It really isn't worth the money. Pre book dinner reservations
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MissT_11
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Sunday lunch at Du Vin is a relaxing and luxurious experience. friendly pleasant staff, good food and plenty of it. A wonderful way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. It's a must. I went with me family for nieces 20th birthday. After lunch we had coffee on the terrace. there was no rush about it, as I say, staff were superb.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family