“Top Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Top Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great soundings, comfortable hotel in a nice location. Stayed here for a long weekend, exploring the Costwolds. Would highly recommend this hotel as a base. Planning to stay again in December with a few friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM-HDV-Cheltenham, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Dean,

Thanks very much for posting your experience on TripAdvisor. We were all pleased to read that you rated the hotel so highly. Please do give us a ring directly if we can assist in the planning of your return visit this coming December.

All the best,

Ed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My two daughters and I decided to accompanying my husband who is working in Cheltenham for a night away. Having booked at last minute ,and getting a good price, I thought our rooms would probably not be too great however we were surprised! Rooms surpassed expectations. Having a roll top bath at home sometimes becomes boring for me when we have one in a hotel as no wow factor for me anymore however the design of the bathroom and the huge showers were one of the nicest in a longtime and did please me.
Also sometimes in boutique hotels the downstairs is usually lovely but upstairs can let it down but again in this hotel the standards where high throughout and I simply loved the decor !
Reception staff were very very helpful and at last minute allowed us a late check out in one of our rooms as I was not feeling too good and even on check out on required on my health. It was a nice touch for them to enquire.
The bistro and bar area are tastefully designed but relaxing atmosphere. The waiting staff were very attentive but not intrusive. Excellent wine cellar menu which always pleases me when they have my favourite stocked (Barolo or Amarone)as a lot of places list them but I'm frequently let down when they don't have. So another positive for them! The only slight let down for my husband was the Chateaubriand. He felt it wasn't as flavoursome as usually expected, however I enjoyed it. Also the waitress kindly offered two sauces for it when we both were undecided. Overall a lovely relaxing meal.
Location was excellent for shopping but not too central to be disturbed by noise.
We will certainly be rebooking here again very soon.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
Dear Guest,
Your positive comments relating to your recent stay have been well received by the whole team. It really is a boost and great for team morale. We really do try very hard to exceed our customers expectations and your positive re-enforcement has a placebo effect!

Likewise we must learn from our critics and focus on improvement through analysis of all feedback. Do let me know personally if there was any area of your stay which could have been enhanced in anyway, I'd really like to hear from you.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff were lovely and knowledgable about the area. The room was full of character, gorgeous and very clean. The breakfast was the best I've had in a hotel. This was worth every penny. If you want to be close to the centre of town I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Dear Sarah,

Thanks for the great review! I am pleased that you loved your room and I will pass on to our Head Housekeeper your comment regarding cleanliness, the team will justifiably be very proud of their hard work.
We only use top quality breakfast ingredients and I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, a must when you have a whole day exploring the fabulous local area or making the journey home.

I do hope you have the chance to return in the near future.

Newbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Hotel Du Vin is excellently located for all the main attractions in the town. It's a stones throw from classy Montpellier and a short walk to the Promenade and the High street.
Being Cheltenham the hotel has a distinct racehorse decor. The room we stayed in was very spacious with a wonderful king sized bed and a roll top bath and walk in shower. We stayed in the midst of a very rare heatwave and for some reason the air con was not switched on. As a result we didn't have the best night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear Ian,

Your feedback is much appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Our rooms offer many ameneties and lots of variations but all with the typical Hotel du Vin understated style. Our baths and showers are definately the most talked about features!

All our bedrooms have individual controls for the air conditioning and I am sorry yours appeared to be switched off. There has been some essential maintenace repair work to some of our bedroom systems and I am sorry if this impacted on the quality of your sleep. Let me now if you are looking to return to any HdV property and I will do my best to make amends in a more tangible way.

Many thanks,

Ed

Derby UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel generally good. Ample parking, easy check in and well positioned in town.
Decor really nice, staff excellent, room clean and tidy (yet very small).
Bath in the bedroom which would be lovely in a cavernous room but was a little odd in a small room.
Food and drink good.
All in all - id use the hotel again and felt it was good value.

Stayed July 2014
Dear David,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham. It was great to read your positive experience and I hope I can welcome you back soon.

Many thanks,

Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a superior room. Very comfortable bed with a roll-top bath by the window from where I lay in bubbles and drank champagne (more bubbles) whilst watching the huge TV. Absolutely can't complain about that. The shower room was quite dramatic with all the black tiling, and the shower was great, but the floor wasn't too clean which I discovered when I accidentally splashed water and tried to mop it up with the fluffy white towel.... Excellent selection of toiletries.
Dinner in the Bistro was very good, service attentive and there was a pleasant, busy hum throughout both evenings. The wine was quite expensive, but not so much to stop you having a bottle with dinner. We would have liked to sit outside on the well-furnished terrace, but it was raining both nights we were there.
People have commented on the unfriendly staff; we didn't experience this at all; our receptionist was excellent; she went out of her way to be accommodating as we wanted some spa treatments in the morning, and she managed to find appointments for us at short notice. We also enjoyed morning coffee in the spacious bar/lounge area which was a lovely place to sit and while away an hour with the newspaper during a lengthy downpour of rain; the same receptionist was then serving in the bar and asked how the spa experience had been etc etc.
My husband stays here on business occasionally has always spoken highly of the Hotel du Vin; I agree with him, and am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BlackdownAlpaca
It is always rewarding to receive a lovely response following a guests stay, thank you for taking the time to advise us of the good, really good and not so good aspects of your stay. I will ensure the team read your review.

It sounds like you would really like our Moet Vintage Suite, with elevated twin rolltop baths, double walkin shower, huge flat screen and enormous bed! Please let us know directly when you are planning another stay away and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements. Our website often has new offers to entice you away from home!

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I only had one night here. I could have definitely have stayed much longer!
Service was excellent and I as upgraded to a beautiful room with a roll top bath by the window.
Drinks in the bar were served with a smile and quickly, as was breakfast.
Room amenities were excellent with top notch bed linens and fluffy towels.
Will definitely be back

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lisasplaces,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your bedroom upgrade, it is so nice when we are able to do this for our much appreciated guests. All our rooms have different styles, some with roll-top baths in the bedroom (sometimes two!), all have our fabulous drench showers. Do give us a call directly when you are planning another getaway and one of the team can talk you through the different options.