“Outstanding Meal”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Visited Monty's Bar and Brasserie after looking for an eating establishment whilst spending the day in Cheltenham. It was a special occasion, and although Monty's was not in the top 10 restaurants on trip advisor, the menu after visiting the website really got our tastbuds going. We were welcomed on arrival, and promtly showed to our seats. I really liked the atmospheare and it seemed busy which is always a good sign. All 3 courses looked and tasted amazing and I would not hesitate in recommending Monty's... just a shame we don't live closer.

1  Thank George-Penny

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Its not very big and the tables are close together. However the food is outstanding and well presented with a great choice. The wine list is reasonable for a restaurant of Montys standard. The staff are great and very attentive, nothing to much trouble. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Tony E
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Came in for food a couple months back. We had to wait to be seated (which I don't mind), but then our table had not been cleaned properly and it took way too long to get even our first round of drinks in. The food was okay, although I expected a bit more for the price.

mj_shaw, Owner at Monty's Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed with a couple of aspects during your time in Monty’s and whilst I will certainly be sharing your comments with the staff in Monty's, unfortunately I cannot investigate any further as it was a couple of months ago.
If you are able to let me know the exact date when you came in I would very much like to look into your comments further.
Jeremy Shaw
Owner/Manager
The George Hotel & Monty's

Reviewed 26 October 2013

went there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniverary - the food was excellent - my wife had the lobster I had steak /garlic prawns also known as surf and turf !! desserts to die for - wine reasonable at £18 - came to £92 - on reflection a day later feel slightly overpriced

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visited Monty’s during a weekend break in Cheltenham and found it to be one of the best meals we’ve had in a LONG time!

The starters of crab cakes and pigeon were well cooked and utterly delicious and the lamb and pork dishes that followed were sublime.

We shared a chocolate fondant dessert and enjoyed liqueur coffees, which rounded off the evening perfectly.

The staff were friendly and the price for the meal was very reasonable considering the high quality.

We will definitely return when we visit Cheltenham again.