“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I am never disappointed at this restaurant. The food was perfect and the staff were polite and efficient. The chef must have an excellent team in the kitchen. Thank you for a wonderful food experience. We will certainly be returning soon.

mj_shaw, Owner at Monty's Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I was delighted to read your very kind and positive review. Thank you.
Monty's has for the past 11 years served consistently good quality food and it is one of the reasons why we have maintained our reputation as being one of the most popular restaurants in town.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked dinner for 2. Recommended by a friend.
Very welcoming arrival. Taken to our table and given menu's for wine and food straight away.
Within 5 minutes of looking at the starters 3 different staff members asked if we were ready to order... it was all a bit rushed and not very relaxing. After we had our very tasty starters a large group arrived - approx 12 people and it became very loud and you could barely hear yourself think. The lamb and steak were excellent as were the puddings. I believe slightly over priced for what you get. After the over attentive service earlier on, when we actually wanted to order something - coffee..... it was 10 minutes before we managed eye contact to get service... Overall it is not somewhere I would choose again - there are 2 sittings 7pm and 9.15pm and I felt rushed until the end and it was just too noisy.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Monty’s.
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the lamb and the steak, two of our most popular dishes. I was sorry, however, that you found the noise levels too high.
We are, I agree, a lively, buzzy restaurant and when we do have larger parties it can get quite loud. We are in the process of looking at what we do when we get requests for larger tables. Due to the popularity of Monty’s we do offer 2 sittings on a Friday and Saturday and I am sorry that you felt rushed – I have passed your comments onto the staff to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
I do hope you will reconsider your decision not to return. If you do, please contact me directly and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I booked this restaurant for our first night in Cheltenham based on reviews and was not disappointed. The menu choice was a perfect balance of fish and meat (but I would pick fish) the halibut was AMAZING.
Fantastic wine selection and fantastic service.
Don't hesitate book today.

NB we did go to the cocktail bar first, cocktails were good but interior looking very tired. Would suggest if you fancy a pre dinner drink either use top bar of restaurant or have a drink in town.

mj_shaw, Owner at Monty's Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a reply. I was delighted to learn that you had a great evening and you particularly enjoyed your fish course. I was however, surprised and disappointed to read that you thought the Cocktail Bar was looking 'tired'. The Bar was completely refurbished about 2 years ago and is continually maintained to ensure it always looks its best as it is a very popular bar on a Friday and Saturday evening. I am very sorry that it did not live up to expectations. I will take this opportunity to have a look at it to see if it can be improved in any way. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope we will see you again soon.

Owner, The George Hotel & Monty's Brasserie

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Loved the separate vegetarian menu. Quality of food was excellent. Staff were professional and helpful.

Thank you for posting such a kind and positive review. The separate vegetarian menu is very popular and I am glad you liked it. We also have Gluten free and Diary free menus always available and can cater for most dietary requirements as everything is cooked to order.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with my son as an early birthday meal for him. The food was superb and the staff very good. An absolutely lovely evening and woul highly recommend.

Thank you so much for your lovely review, delighted that you chose Monty's to celebrate your son's birthday and that you had a great evening.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Owner, The George Hotel & Monty's Brasserie