“Top Service & Great food”

Bella Italia Cheltenham Promenade
Ranked #55 of 446 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bella Italia Cheltenham Promenade restaurant offers delicious Italian food at great prices. The dining room is a relaxed affair, decked out in the Bella Italia signature style and is always buzzing with hungry locals. Just around the corner from the Regent Arcade, it is the perfect retreat from a hard day's shopping. The menu is wide and varied and offers tasty pizzas and pasta as well as main courses such as chargrilled sirloin steak and baked chicken breast topped with mozzarella and smoky bacon and tomato sauce. The all Italian wine list matches the menu perfectly and the beers are imported direct from Italy.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Top Service & Great food”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I've been into a couple of BIs recently so wasn't expecting much.

But I have to say the food was excellent and the service impeccable.

We dropped in on the off chance, outside was packed as it was a lovely day, but the manager found us a quiet table inside which was what we wanted.

My children have allergies so it's always difficult eating out, but the manager pointed us in the direction of the food which would suit.

4 people and a bill of under £50 - great value as well!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank David46049

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Usual bella Italia food but very nice location on the parade”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This Bella Italia provides the usual range and quality of food from this brand but served in a very convivial atmosphere location on the parade - you could almost think you were in the med on a warm sunny summers evening

• Visited May 2014
CHELTENHAM
“Nice, relaxed with good food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Bella Italia is on the pedestrianised area of the Promenade in Cheltenham opposite Cavendish House. I would recommend parking on the Promenade and walking up
This was the first time I had come to Bella Italia and it was due to being taken out for a meal by friends as a way of thanks for helping them out so I went with a very open mind.
The waiter was very good at recommending a wine for me and it was nice to feel you have confidence in the person who is serving you. Our starters were great, not over the top or big, just enough but our plates were clean. Our mains were generous. Two of us had calzone and could not finish the meal though it was very tasty and well cooked.
The waiter ensured that we all had our glasses topped up but was not intrusive, just the right mix of being there but being in the background - very professional and a likeable man
The prices on the menu were average, not overly or under priced, they were reasonable.
When you take into account that we were in a Promenade based establishment, the restaurant had a nice decor, we received a great service and good food and wine I would say that all in all we had a great deal and would return.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank VODKALIMEANDSODA
st briavels
“Good for a nice afternoon”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with my boyfriend for lunch.Nice little spot with very attentive staff.Mariana our waitress was very nice and helpful. The food was great for a quick snack.Overall nice experience.
We'll return on our next visit to Cheltenham.

• Visited July 2014
“Appalling! ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

A checklist is easier...
•wooden board had a split in it
•pizza was like wood
•pizza was stone cold
•chips reheated in oil - soggy, burnt and vile
THEN COMPLAINED ABOUT MY FOOD ONLY FOR THE KITCHEN STAFF TO THEN PROCEED TO GLARE AT ME FROM THE KITCHEN UNTIL I LEFT THE RESTAURANT.
The table next to us (the people who reviewed this restaurant before me) had worse issues and I think you have got off lightly on the review given!
I will never visit this restaurant again.
The only good thing I have to say about this restaurant was our waiter (who had only been there a week) - he was most helpful and apologetic.
I don't appreciate being practically begged by your service manager not to complain to you directly as he doesn't want Head Office to hear about the ordeal!
Sack the intimidating kitchen staff and tell your service staff to man up!!

2 Thank RattyRatty