“Disappointing visit”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I haven't been out for a meal for a while due to various reasons so I was looking forward to a good old slap up meal. We chose The Everest as it was close to home and cost effective. I booked a table for 2030 for the buffet evening @£11.95 per person. I had seen it advertised at over 20 dishes but I couldn't count 20 unless they were including the desserts too.
The restaurant was very busy which was good as I thought the food would have been kept topped up, this was not so, the Samosas were nearly empty, the Chicken Tandoori only had a couple of pieces in it with it being mostly bone and not much meat. Some of the curries had alot of substance in them but not much meat, the poppadoms were all broken into very small pieces so very difficult to pickup. There were also no naan breads. When my partner went to look at the desserts there were only fruit pieces left. The food was also very lukewarm, not piping hot as I would have expected it to be, there were no lids on the main course dishes just a small amount of heat from underneath.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Visited here after the races on Tuesday. Have to say that the food and service was excellent considering how busy the restaurant was. Excellent quality, service and value. Would reccomend.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have to say I am very impressed with this place. It's very nice and the dishes are very good. I have tried various dishes here from various curries to an array of starters. The buffet is very good value for money too by the way. Some of the curries to me seem mild than what they should be, the chapati / roti is different than most places too. But overall a nice place to go

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We've been to the Everest a few times when visiting Cheltenham & had great meals every time.
Quite a few different dishes have been tried & no complaints at all. Service has always been good & prices are reasonable. Great place to visit after a day at the races.

1  Thank mrssmop
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Sometimes a buffet can feel a poor option but not here, great variety of starters and mains, gave all my children a chance to sample some different dishes. Good quality and good service. Will go again.