“Super lunch and excellent service”

Moran's Eating House
Ranked #88 of 477 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food is always of a high standard at Morans. Today it was excellent and served by an exceptionally attentive waiter. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for him and he really made our dining experience. The prices for both food and drinks seemed very reasonable. This resraurant is very close to the Bath Road car park and a few minutes out of Cheltenham town centre. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We try to meet up at Morans once a year since we all retired, as this was a favourite,reliable, local, and convenient place to meet when we were all working.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

As it was lunchtime, my husband and I had lighter dishes, the ploughmans and chicken and halloumi sandwich - both very tasty and good value. Where Moran's really excels though is their cakes. They all look (and taste) delicious and it's really hard to pick one! There were 3 varieties of home-made bakewell tarts, coffee cake, orange cake and some brownies that had half a creme egg nestled in them (trust me they looked divine). All in all a good meal that doesn't break the bank! Personally I think this is more of a lunchtime venue rather than a 'special night out'.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was lucky to get a table of 8 at an hours notice for Saturday lunch service but they managed to get us in. We went through to the restaurant and all sat down with plenty of room. We were bought menus and water straight away which was nice as a lot of places I go don't automatically bring a jug of water.

We ordered and although there was only 1 thing off the menu the waiter was very apologetic. We eventually ate off the bar menu as it was only a light lunch. All the food looked great. Just as it should be, good portions, great taste and value and not pretentious at all.

Would recommend going here for lunch. Would 100% go back to try the evening menu.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

All my daughter and I went to this restaurant at approximately 3 PM in the afternoon on a very hot summers day in June.

I was very surprised to see chicken and bacon (I think) sausage rolls in a dome covered pedestal stand on the bar. I proceeded to order two sandwiches, a piece of chocolate cake and drinks.

As I felt it was the right thing to do, I mentioned to the server that I thought these items should be refrigerated. In what appeared to be a pretty noncommittal response he said "I'll pass it on".

I said I will come back inside the bar for the chocolate cake as it was even hotter outside. I returned about 20 minutes later to collect the cake and the pastries were still on the bar.

The chocolate cake was already melted by the time we got it outside so the pastries were at the same temperature.

We had ordered chicken sandwiches, which came promptly. I was surprised at the filling was made mainly of dark thigh meat as it was nearly £6 for the sandwich.

The aforementioned chocolate cake which had orange Maltesers on top was delicious.

I would say that the service was perfunctory and efficient. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say welcoming.

3  Thank J S