“Family Meal at Curry corner”
Review of Curry Corner

Curry Corner
Reserve with OpenTable
Curry Corner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 446 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$27 - US$91
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family run award winning authentic Bangadeshi restaurant serving delicious home cooked food cooked with fresh spices and finest local and exotic ingredients to traditional and innovative recipes. Shamsul and Saleha Krori opened Curry Corner in 1977. This is a longstanding locals favourite. The innovative menu has won critical acclaim from all corners including Gordon Ramsay's The F Word Best Indian Restaurant on Channel 4AWARDSMichelin Guide 2014 (Only Indian restaurant in Gloucestershire to be listed)Britains Finest Indian Restaurant 2013Winner Cotswold Life Restaurant of the YearMENU HIGHLIGHTSLamb Shank Masala "exquisite flavours better tan in India" Gordon RamsayMonkfish in Saffron Cream CurryGarlic Orange DuckHomemade decadent desserts
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Family Meal at Curry corner”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Great welcome and freindly service with Fine Indian dining, very special occasion, thanks Guys

• Visited July 2012

“Rip Off”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

As we live in Cheltenham, we've tried Curry Corner a few times in the past 5 years.

Previous visits had disappointed us because due to overpriced food and it offers nothing compared to more reasonably priced establishments.

However, a number of friends suggested that they enjoy it so thought that we just turned up on a bad night.

So we went again for a birthday meal but sadly nothing had changed. The meal was too spicey (when I usually can tolerate medium spiced at other places) and lacked meat content. It must have been a very small chicken and at £21 for the dish it was a complete rip off. I don't mind paying if the food, service and atmosphere complement each other but this place lacked all three. It is definitely living off past glories.

From now on I'm going to give this place a miss even if our friends are going there.

If youre looking for a curry place in Cheltenham you should try India Lounge instead.

1 Thank thesasgeek
Truro, United Kingdom
“Food was exceptional”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Top quality ingredients and 1st class service, will be back next time we are in Cheltenham

• Visited April 2012
“My Duck is still alive”
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

The small amount of Duck meat on the plate must lead me to think that somewhere my Duck is recovering from the amputation of a tiny chunk of itself.
For over £20 I'd have hoped for more than five small cubes of Duck breast in an admittedly tasty sauce.
My companion's Chicken Tikka was more bone than meat and the service was very very slow.
All in all a restaurant that has believed its own hype and is profiteering from its media exposure.
Will not be returning.

3 Thank Coddrington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVERAGE”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Having lived in Cheltenham for 12 years and tried most restaurants around, I thought it was about time to try this place. I had heard so much about it, and it boasts loads of celebs visiting, I needed to book a table for 4, so thought why not give this a try.
Decor lovely and service faultless, but food was average and not worth the £45 each that we paid (1 glass of wine/beer each). I have eaten in some wonderful indian restaurants in London where the decor was not as lovely but the food was outstanding and for a lot less money. Now I have tried it, I wont be going back a second time. This was the view felt but my guests too.
Too Pricey!!!