“Even better than Birmingham's Balti Triangle”
Review of Curry Corner

Curry Corner
Ranked #95 of 482 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$27 - US$91
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family run award winning authentic Bangadeshi restaurant serving delicious home cooked food cooked with fresh spices and finest local and exotic ingredients to traditional and innovative recipes. Shamsul and Saleha Krori opened Curry Corner in 1977. This is a longstanding locals favourite. The innovative menu has won critical acclaim from all corners including Gordon Ramsay's The F Word Best Indian Restaurant on Channel 4AWARDSMichelin Guide 2014 (Only Indian restaurant in Gloucestershire to be listed)Britains Finest Indian Restaurant 2013Winner Cotswold Life Restaurant of the YearMENU HIGHLIGHTSLamb Shank Masala "exquisite flavours better tan in India" Gordon RamsayMonkfish in Saffron Cream CurryGarlic Orange DuckHomemade decadent desserts
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Living as I do near to the famous Balti Triangle in Birmingham, I think I know a good curry when I taste one. I was staying with my wife for one night only in a lovely guest house called Badger Towers and I asked our host there if he could recommend a good local restaurant. He suggested Curry Corner which coincidentally was just down the road from the newly painted Banksy artwork showing the GCHQ spies recording the communications taking place in a real backstreet phone box. Ten minutes walk and we were there, joining the queue to take photos of each other in the said phone box. Curry Corner was literally just around the corner and was indeed on the corner of a narrow and tightly packed, modest residential street. I'd read quotes in Badger Towers' literature which were accredited to Gordon Ramsey and Michael Palin, both of whom had pretty much declared that Curry Corner served the best curry in the universe. You're probably asking "What do they know?" and if you are then you'll just have to trust me when I say that Curry Corner serves the best curry in the universe - my universe, at least (Birmingham etc). I wonder if Banksy ever ate there?

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'd been meaning to try Curry Corner for some time and finally got round to it. All I can say is that I wish I'd got round to it sooner and am already looking forward to my next visit. The food was superb, a blend of traditional Indian dishes with some unique creations, all underpinned with some great ingredients not often seen in this style of cooking. The restaurant is smart and well presented. It is a little dearer than other Indian restaurants in town, but prices are very competitive compared to restaurants that cook and present to this standard. Service was friendly and efficient, and everything we ordered was delicious. I especially recommend the chilli lamb thali, the lamb was succulent and the spicing and seasoning was sublime. The array of accompanying side dishes were also superb. I can't wait to go back and try some more dishes.

1  Thank Gourmet_Porker
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great indian which uses quality cuts of meat in its dishes. The lamb shank is the chef's special and it rarely disappoints. I've been many times and find it difficult not to order it every time.

The only thing that lets this place down is sometimes the service which can be slow and inattentive.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

went to this restaurant after seeing it on tv and booked a table so we could go on our holiday. The service was impeccable they had the attitude of nothing they can do is too much, so helpful and friendly. one of our party had special dietary requirements and the chef came out and went through the menu and discussed what would be suitable which was such a nice touch. The food um where do I start there are no words which would do justice to just how great the food was honestly the only way you could know just how tasty it was by actually tasting it. My lamb shank is one of the best dishes I have tasted in my life and I have had a lot of Indian/Bangladesh food. The only downside is that now every other Indian/Bangladesh restaurant will pale in comparison

Reviewed 27 April 2014

From the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left our experience was perfect, how many times do you go to a restaurant and say that. The service was exceptional! Lots of nice touches made it a memorable evening and we can't wait to go back.