“Excellent as always!”

Ranked #32 of 477 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups
Description: "Casual Dining At Its Best" Flynn's Brasserie is a long established busy and bustling restaurant situated in the heart of Montpellier, Cheltenham. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and informal, making it the ideal destination for leisurely lunches, intimate dinners and special celebrations. It is a very social place brimming with business people, shoppers, couples and friends meeting for a meal or a glass of wine. We offer fresh, seasonal and local produce, traditional and contemporary dishes using the best British ingredients in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our special boards change twice daily to reflect seasonal dishes and our chef's imaginations. There is no better place to eat alfresco in Cheltenham during the summer months creating a unique dining experience. We strive to create the best possible experience for our customers by offering exceptional quality, service and value. We look forward to exceeding your expectations sometime soon...
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

What can I say- from the friendly staff, quick efficient service, relaxed surroundings, nice wine, and beautiful food it was an excellent visit as always.
The scotch egg with black pudding starter was AMAZING and the prawns were delicious too. I had the mushroom suet pudding as a main and it was fabulous. We had no room for pudding but had liqueurs. A fabulous end to a fabulous anniversary meal. A must visit.

1  Thank Lori S

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had not visited Flynns for over 10 years, but have to say I'm sorry we left it so long. Food was lovely.... We had crab, crayfish & prawn salad & Mediterranean king prawns to start. Truly delicious & flavoursome. I had a steak for my main meal, which was cooked to perfection...So tender. My husband had the seabass & he had nothing but praise for it. I finished with white choc & raspberry creme brûlée. The raspberries were a little tart but nothing to fault, that's just my palate! I loved the fact that they served wine in carafes. A bottle was too much for me but I didn't want to pay for it by the glass as I knew I could manage more than one! So a carafe (holds 3 glasses) was perfect. Compliments must also be paid to the waiting staff. They were so attentive but not invasive. We were seated within the restaurant, but within minutes of being seated they came & asked if we would like to move to a Window seat as it was a lovely balmy evening.
All in all, a very enjoyable evening. Will definitely not leave it so long next time!

1  Thank J H
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had early dinner with 4 family members. Food was average. My husband and I had duck it tasted pre cooked and not at all freshly cooked. Service was excellent staff smiling and very helpful but food was very average. Will not return

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We can always rely on great service here. Even when they are too busy to seat us straightaway, we are welcomed with a smile and we are told when a table will become available. This is a very popular restaurant for good reason. Food is consistently good and the wine choice is great too, but best of all the service is excellent.

1  Thank cheltholidaygirl
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Acceptable service and food, decor is what we Brits think a French resturant should look like.
We enjoyed the food and the service was polite and efficient. The only negative, and not really anything the resturant could do much about was a table of 8 middle age men, smartly dressed but completely OTT on vocal strength and towards the end of the evening language. However, they have a nice courtyard and bar area where we escaped to.

1  Thank Thomo61