“Great find in Cheltenham”
Review of Flynns

Flynns
Ranked #33 of 481 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Casual Dining At Its Best" Flynn's Brasserie is a long established busy and bustling restaurant situated in the heart of Montpellier, Cheltenham. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and informal, making it the ideal destination for leisurely lunches, intimate dinners and special celebrations. It is a very social place brimming with business people, shoppers, couples and friends meeting for a meal or a glass of wine. We offer fresh, seasonal and local produce, traditional and contemporary dishes using the best British ingredients in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our special boards change twice daily to reflect seasonal dishes and our chef's imaginations. There is no better place to eat alfresco in Cheltenham during the summer months creating a unique dining experience. We strive to create the best possible experience for our customers by offering exceptional quality, service and value. We look forward to exceeding your expectations sometime soon...
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife & I made our first visit to the town for the Jazz Festival & booked Flynns based on Trip Advisor's reviews & proximity to Festival area. We weren't disappointed. MOH is a veggie & she was impressed with the choices for her. She had the veggie suet pudding with mushrooms & asparagus & it was a big hit. I had liver which was top notch with mash & veg. Delicious desserts weren't too expensive & we left having had a delicious meal at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Possibly new (untrained) chefs in the kitchen. My partner ordered a steak 'medium rare' and had to send it back, there was no pink in it at all. I had sea bass with crab risotto which I was looking forward to, it was disappointingly small and the risotto was very bland and over cooked. No crab meat in it at all. We both had a side salad which reminded me of a cheap salad you'd get in a pub, the tomatoes where soft and tasteless. We also ordered a bottle of red wine which to be fair was the cheapest at around 17pounds, I wasnt expecting it to be that poor quality though. We ended up having 2 more glasses (free) of this wine, the waitress used this to compensate for are meals. The front of
house team are good workers, they have to be to compensate for the amateurs in the kitchen. Only so long they can ride off a good location and name before people realise it's really not that great.

1  Thank Naomi C
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I took my boyfriend for a meal here during our weekend break to Cheltenham. Starters were lovely and very reasonably priced. Great option to have a starter size portion of the fish linguine for my main, as I was very stuffed by this point! Was happy with our meal here. Only complaint would be that we were slightly forgotten about as the night went on but we were in no rush!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had done my homework and plumped to take my daughter from Rickmansworth and sister from Hereford to lunch at Flynn's. We were impressed with the general atmosphere of the place and the service. We all enjoyed our starters. My sister had leek and potato soup, my daughter and myself had the calamari and chorizo salad. We all chose the Turkey breast for main course which was tough. The sage and apricot stuffing tasted like a packet mix I'm afraid to say. The roast potatoes dry and the red wine gravy was a tasteless thick gloop. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Judith M
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Called in here for the first time early on a weekday evening. Although not too busy at the start, it still had a cheerful, buzzy atmosphere and very friendly, efficient staff. The menu choice was excellent, the food delicious and served promptly. Whilst not pretentious, the place has a classy feeling and the prices are very reasonable for such overall quality . Would definitely recommend and go again as this has been one of my better eating experiences in Cheltenham.