“Abysmal service from waiter with attitude”
Review of Strada - Cheltenham - CLOSED

Strada - Cheltenham
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in a superb Regency building on Montpellier Street, Strada is a hit with local pizzaphiles and literary luvvies. This popular Italian restaurant chain is famous for its authentic handmade pizzas - and its extensive menu of rustic, regional pastas and puddings are made using only the finest fresh ingredients such as Parma ham, extra virgin olive oil and Buffalo mozzarella imported from Italy. Perfect for business lunches and cosy evening meals, you can’t go wrong with Strada’s successful formula of simple, tasty food combined with sleek design, friendly service and a buzzy, down-to-earth atmosphere. The proof, as they say, is in the pizza.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Abysmal service from waiter with attitude”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've been a regular customer of this restaurant for years as I live close by, but today the service fell well below its normal OK level. All started well as the the manager was his usual welcoming and pleasant self and took my order. Then it went pear-shaped as soon as the manager disappeared, leaving the floor to the young male waiter. I finished my main course, laid down my cutlery in the normal 'I have finished my meal' position and waited ... and waited ... for the waiter to take the plate away so we could progress to the next course. He passed my table several times but didn't cast a glance in my direction, even though I was the only person inside the restaurant and only one table outside was taken. Finally, tired of being ignored I raised my hand to catch his attention and he took my plate away. He then resumed his blindness to my presence. I had thought, naively, he might ask if I would like a pudding or coffee, or at least hand me the menu. I'd always assumed this was customary in a restaurant. But no. After some time I had to take the initiative again and put up my hand to attract his attention and ask for a pudding after having found the menu myself. This was though there was still only one other table taken in the whole restaurant. Then three more tables were taken outside, and the waiter spent his time giving them menus and taking their orders. I gave up on ordering coffee, got up and waited by the till to pay my bill. And waited. Fair enough that he was busy, I understand, but when he finally came inside to the till he didn't even look me in the face or have the courtesy to say 'sorry to keep you waiting'. That was the final straw. When I gently told him (in a treading on eggshells way that you have to do these days) that his service skills hadn't been great, and the reasons why, he just continued to ignore me in a cold, couldn't-care-less way, mumbling under his breath and not even looking up. When I said it was clear he did not think he had done anything wrong, he raised the temperature by saying, no, he didn't think he had done anything wrong and adopted an attitude like some petulant teenager. I asked for the manager and for a time the temperature became even more heated with the waiter becoming confrontational with me. Jeez, not a pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2014

“Not a fan of restaurant chains but...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Walked into the strada on the off chance and was very pleasantly surprised. served by a very pleasant young waiter and the food was good.Had the speciality breads and olives and the kitchen were able to accommodate my request for a main slightly off menu. Finished off the wine sat in watching sunny Cheltenham go by.All in all agoid meal and good vfm.

“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visited here for the first time recently, after having lived around the corner for years. Great atmosphere, inside and out.
The staff are very accommodating and polite, the food is great considering the price! I will definitely be returning again soon.

• Visited June 2014
staffordshire
“good service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

good service on a boring weeknight away from home
food good - didn't wait too long - and it was surprisingly busy
Wine not too expensive
Staff helpful when I changed order - and recommended dishes
espresso - delicious!

Parking easy
no probs - you get what 'it says on the tin'

Cheltenham
“Stone baked pizza but could be much better”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Pizza far too thin and semolina flour makes it hard and dry. Not enough toppings. Had much better elsewhere. Nice location. Sat outside. Chairs dirty and black bits kept falling onto the tables and our plates. What a shame. Staff friendly.

• Visited May 2014