“Great food & environment ”
Review of The White Spoon

The White Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 490 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Description: The White Spoon is a restaurant born from the ambition and commitment of our Chef Director, Chris White. It is a relaxed dining experience where you can expect to see dishes that showcase individual ingredients, each elevated, using modern techniques, into something truly exciting, without losing their original charm.
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed visiting the white spoon for a lunch date with the lady’s this weekend, will defiantly return!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

What an amazing lunch my husband, my 9 year old son and I have just enjoyed. Not only is the property in a great and central location, the outlook from the large Georgian windows is just lovely. Inside the furniture and furnishings are modern, clean but classic. Everything about this place said ‘yes’ from the moment we walked in. The wall paper in the bar area is very cool and I would like to know where it’s from?
As for the staff they all were super attentive. Everything was delivered as quickly as you expect it to come and exceeded expectations. It being a Sunday we were compelled to have the Sunday roast. It was delicious x3.
The owners have really made a decision on their brand and stuck to it. Having read the other reviews, there is no pretentiousness going on at all. My husband is already planning his boys Christmas lunch here. So pleased we found it!

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I have visited The White Spoon a number of times and each visit has been better than the last.
Our visit was for my boyfriends birthday and the staff made sure that he was made to feel special.
Each course was perfectly cooked and each member of our party could not have been happier with their choice of dishes.
I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Having visited White Spoon soon after it opened 2 years ago and had an excellent meal we were looking forward to our return visit. Sadly our meal was pretty disappointing and we struggled to find anything on the menu that really appealed to us. We had the plant pot bread which was lovely. The mushroom cappuchino amuse bouche was pleasant but a little too strongly flavoured for our taste. We followed with the ham hock terrine with quails egg starter which was fine but would have been nicer if the eggs had been warm. I had partridge with buckwheat, celeriac and fermented lemon. The lemon was really overpowering and detracted from the flavour of the partridge. 2 members of our party had the brisket with kimchi and found this dish extremely salty. The desserts were all ĺovely. The general consensus was some flavours were overly strong. We all lije fine dining and have had more enjoyable meals recently that were better value.

1  Thank Val A
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Enjoyed another Saturday lunch on 11 November at this, our favourite restaurant. We chose to eat from the a la carte menu but I have to say that the food on the set menu looked really appetising too and great value at £12 for 2 courses and £15 for 3 courses is unbelievable value for such amazing food. As I wanted lighter options, I chose clam and haddock chowder followed by Newlyn brill with ratte potatoes and vert jus. This was the first time I'd had brill and it was beautifully cooked - tender and delicious. My wife chose the locally shot partridge which she declared fantastic. For dessert we opted for goats milk panna cotta with blueberries and coconut and lemongrass bavarois with lime leaf ice cream - both were SO good - Chris' desserts are always a triumph. It would be good to receive an email when the menu changes - this would allow us to go even more regularly! Catalin is doing a grand job as the newly-promoted manager - she is so welcoming and knowledgeable and enthusiastic about all of the dishes on the menu - she's a real credit to the restaurant. If you are a gin lover like my wife you must try their own brand of gin, it's so smooth and tasty. They also stock some good beer from a local Cotswold brewery. This is such a great way to spend a relaxing Saturday lunchtime - please don't believe some of the other reviews on here.