“Amazing food and service!!”
Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Vanilla
Price range: US$29 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Set in a back street of Cheltenham, it's easy to see why you might forget about Vanilla. I had previously been a few times many many years ago - we had always had excellent food and service. I But, I must admit I had completely forgotten about it. Well we went there for a quiet meal before the theatre and I have to say my wife and I were totally blown away. The staff were extremely accommodating and very polite but the food was out of this world. We will both DEFINITELY be returning soon! ... a new favourite!!

There are newer reviews for Vanilla

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The scallop starter was fantastic!!! Excellent service - you were made to feel really welcome. It's certainly one to go back to.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Never really add reviews for restaurants, reason for doing this one is the absolute rip off for soft drinks.

All 3 courses were very nice and I'd eat here again in the future, however £3.75 for half a diet coke, half of which was ice! That's an utter disgrace!
Honestly vanilla, how on earth can you justify charging this, I'd love to know?

3  Thank paulandcarly
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Can not comment on food as we didn't eat, all I can comment on was the rudeness of the service - we had a meal booked for what we believe was 8 or possibly 8:30, I rang to confirm only to be told it was 7:45 - followed by a tut and then the phone was put down on me! We later found our email confirmation which proved the table was for 8:30, so out of courtesy we popped in on route to the pub where we were meeting the rest of our party to confirm this - we were completely ignored for what seemed like 10 minutes plus, only to finally be told - yes, whatever, that's fine! It was not as if they were that busy! Both my friend and myself were then left standing at the bar area in complete shock and both decided that we would not be eating there! Shocking service!

7  Thank SarahLB0573
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stumbled across Vanilla whilst heading for the shopping centre and decided to return later for lunch. We eventually found the restaurant - there is also a beauty salon and hairdressers called Vanilla which are both above the restaurant which we accidentally went to first - in the basement. We were warmly greeted on arrival. The menu was lovely, there was a fixed price 2 or 3 course lunch plus all the usual sandwiches, salads, burgers etc. such a vast selection that we had difficulty making up our minds at all! We eventually settled on the 2 course lunch which was great value we thought at £11.95 (ish) We all chose the mushroom risotto which was actually on the menu as a starter but it was no trouble at all for us to have it as a main. It was absolutely delicious. We then had a crème brulee which was also delicious. The service was great, very friendly, our food arrived quickly. Nothing was too much trouble. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it or to eat there again.