“Best restaurant in Cheltenham - brilliant Christmas Party! ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Vanilla
Price range: US$29 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cheltenham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Cheltenham - brilliant Christmas Party! ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

What a funky and inspiring venue! We had the best service, perfect organisation and the food was absolutely fantastic with compliments from all of our staff! Considering we had 45 people having a full scale party, with cocktails and a three course sit down meal, Vanilla enabled all of this to run so smoothly and with great atmosphere! Even the bar tender had a dance with us - brilliant!
I would highly recommend this restaurant for the amazing food, the fantastic atmosphere - and the noticable dedication from of its staff - thanks Vanilla! XX We also hold a lot of our client entertaining here, so it is a very versatile venue to use ...

“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time after reading reviews about it. We thought the whole experience was excellent. Had a great buzz without being overbearing and the front of house staff were just lovely. They spent time talking to us about shopping and asked our opinion of the restaurant experience. Lighting is just right with the added touch of candles on all tables and a scattering around the restaurant. Food was just excellent, I had the Cod and my wife the braised lamb special, both cooked just right. Food and wine all delivered in time scales that were just right, not too rushed but no annoying long waits. We visit Cheltenham about twice a year and we will definitely go back to Vanilla

1 Thank Rogero14
Herefordshire
“Dine at Vanilla, and stay in their luxurious apartment, a fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

We have dined in the restaurant before, and really enjoyed the whole experience. When we were told about the apartment (from a friend) it seemed the obvious thing to do for my 40th birthday! We were delighted with the apartment, which is on the top floor, (restaurant is in the basement and the two floors in between are for Vanilla's beauty & hair salon). It has been well designed, and is luxurious. We'd rather stay here again than use a hotel, no rush to be down for breakfast at a specific time, and we were able to stay until 1.00pm, making the morning very relaxed & enjoyable! Vanila is ideally located in town, so only a couple of minutes from shops & bars, and they have a parking space. Overall, fantastic!

Norwich
“Early birds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

Empty restaurants don't usually get my custom but we'd booked a table for 7.15pm on a Friday night and this WAS the number one recommended restaurant in Cheltenham. In addition, the restaurant looked inviting and nicely set out.

Needless to say, the service was excellent and the food superb. Certainly the best steak and ale pie I've tasted but the best was yet to come. Until this visit to Vanilla, my definitive creme brulee was a creme catalana served in Barcelona, but the vanilla creme brulee I had here was absolutely the best.

I was glad to see other people arriving around 8pm as it would be tragic for a little gem like Vanilla not to be a success.

1 Thank TobyNorwich
gloucestershire
“the best resurant in cheltenham!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2009

I was in cheltenham for the literature festival and we happened to stumble across this little gem of a place for lunch, the food was fantastic and the service was great and the decor of vanilla was so eclectic i loved it, also whilst we were there enjoying our lunch i did a bit of celeb spotting, as VIC REEVES and AL MURRY were also enjoying the dinning experience, i highly recommed vanilla to anyone because the quality of food, and the value for money, we were only there for lunch but trust me we will be back there for an evening meal as soon as we can because the menu looks fab, I also liked the fact that whilst we were there i was'nt made to feel rushed in any way and could eat my lunch at a leisurely pace. In closing i would desribe the food as a modern twist on delicious classics, yum yum!!! GET AND CHECK IT OUT!