“Very Good Italian Food”

Ranked #54 of 477 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Little independent Italian restaraurat!!! established on 1996!!!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Local Italian restaurant run by real Italians which was recommended to our group by many of the locals

2  Thank Harpo208

Reviewed 29 May 2014

First of all I would like to thank Mario for replying to my last review. I agree that my only mistake at the time was that I didnt complain about the food straight away, at the time of visit.

Now to the point. As the title says, you gotta give credit where is due so here I am. I have given Gianni's another chance and on this occasion it was the Gianni's food everyone knows and loves. Good size portions, perfectly cooked and spiced.
Keep it up. Don't let me down never again please ;-)

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I had my maternity meal here and was very impressed. The owner mario who helped with the booking was very professional and catered for some individual requests.
There were lots of us and service was spot on.The waiters were very friendly. Food was fresh and homemade not like some Italian chain resteraunts. Italian music was played in the background and gave a really nice atmosphere. Will definitely be recommending Gianni's to family and friends.

1  Thank ragu1982
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently went to Cheltenham and our friends took us to Gianni's for dinner, which is one of their regular restaurants. The food was absolutely wonderful and what a choice! I could happily work my way through the menu. I started with the Seafood Salad which was like a main meal - it was huge and delicious - I didn't know how I would be able to eat the main course after that, however, I persevered and had grilled Swordfish which was succulent and tasty. My husband started with the Whitebait followed by Spaghetti Bolognese and our friends had Soup of the Day (which was Minestrone) followed by Chicken Breast in Red Wine with Mushroom Sauce and Serloin Steak cooked in Garlic, Herbs, Red Wine, Olives, Capers & Tomato Sauce. There were masses of accompanying vegetables. I couldn't get over how generous all the portions were. Unbelieveable! For dessert (although I have to say we were really pushing it as we were all so full) I went for the Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce, my husband chose the Profiterolls and our friends selected the Panna Cotta with Chocolate Sauce and the Tartuffo Classico. The wine list is very good as is the service and buzzy atmosphere. This place is a must if you are ever in Cheltenham but be warned - you will have to let your belt out a notch at the end of the evening. Do check out the menu and book in advance. We went on a Saturday night and it was packed. Bon appetite!

1  Thank jacquiecapri
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A small place tucked away round the corner from the Promenade with its fancy high end shops, this simple little Italian offers good food efficiently served and at a very reasonable price. Suggest sticking to the pasta/lasagne basics - which we polished off short of licking the plate - but noticed other tables who'd gone for more elaborate meat and fish dishes werent 100% happy. It is very popular and gets very crowded - so book in advance. The after dinner Italian coffee was a little disappointing, but we were so stuffed by then that it really didnt matter.