“Post Cinema meal”

Ranked #43 of 446 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Little independent Italian restaraurat!!! established on 1996!!!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Post Cinema meal”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have been here several times and decided to have a light meal here after cinema visit. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived at 7.30 on a Monday but by the time we left it was full. We were surprised to see different staff serving, who never even mentioned the specials board, but we had another excellent meal. The chicken breast I had cooked in wine, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and garlic was great and a huge portion with freshly prepared vegetables. My husband had penne pasta with chilli, garlic, capers bacon and tomatoes which was also very good with a good sized portion. The house red and white wine are always very good.

We recommend this restaurant every time we visit. Never once let down. Well done!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank molchelt

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value Superb Meal”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were on a short break in Cheltenham and fancied a cosy Italian meal. The reviews looked good for Gianni and it certainly didn't disappoint. The food was high quality and the service was friendly and efficient. This is definitely an Italian restaurant well worth a visit!!

1 Thank Lancs_Pete_12
Stroud, Glos
“Still good”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Family midweek lunch and we all had the pasta lunch special. Cannelloni and bolognese both ok but the prawn and courgette not as good- poor quality prawns. House wine drinkable and good value.

• Visited June 2014
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Italian Food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Local Italian restaurant run by real Italians which was recommended to our group by many of the locals

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Harpo208
Gloucestershire
“Credit where is due”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First of all I would like to thank Mario for replying to my last review. I agree that my only mistake at the time was that I didnt complain about the food straight away, at the time of visit.

Now to the point. As the title says, you gotta give credit where is due so here I am. I have given Gianni's another chance and on this occasion it was the Gianni's food everyone knows and loves. Good size portions, perfectly cooked and spiced.
Keep it up. Don't let me down never again please ;-)

• Visited May 2014