“Cold food and no real apology”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #143 of 472 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My husband and I ate here today (20th April 2013) and were very disappointed.

We eat regularly at Nando's and have eaten at the Cheltenham branch on numerous occasions before, but this time, our food arrived in under 3 minutes from when we placed the order and both meals were cold.

The attitude of the staff was poor and they tried to tell my husband that his wrap was cold because its kept in the fridge, even when he explained that the chicken itself was cold, they tried to fob us off. I had a veggie pattie and it was cold in the centre and it looked obvious that it hadn't been cooked for long enough. The 'manager', (Mario) came over and tried to give some excuse and said that it was cooked properly, which is very frustrating when all you want is an apology, not excuses.

All the staff explained that the veggie pattie is cooked for 5 minutes and I explained how that proved what I was saying, because it came in under 5 minutes and therefore, was obviously not cooked. Its not right as the customer to have to argue when something is cold. Again, we got no apology, they seemed rather angry we had even brought this to their attention. We got nothing in the way of a refund/gift card either.

I see a recent comment from someone else saying about the chicken being raw so I am not sure if this is a new chef and if so, we wont be going back. Not happy at all!

5  Thank lou_pro85

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have always been a Nandos fan since they came to the Uk , I have had friend that have worked there and tried quite a few different restaurants from Canterbury to Worcester and always had a reasonable meal at a good price. As its such a good price I always pig out and go for a burger meal then have a half chicken on its own with a different sauce but this time the chicken was clearly pink with blood visible , I complained and while they did replace it after a bit of a moan , it took ages ( probably wise though) and the bit that came looked like it was from a miniature chicken , half the size of the one I had started with. It just puts you off eating raw chicken ! I would go again there's just other places in the same area that I will try first. Good refillable drinks which does save on costs.

1  Thank dkwilli
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We come here when we visit the cinema once a week. Food is always good and quick as you would expect from a nandos. They have a nice outside eating area when it's warm enough. The staff are always very friendly and more welcoming than other nandos. We always get a thank you and a wave goodbye

1  Thank Sid S
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Dived into Restaurant hungry before cinema. Food arrived fairly quickly, hot and tasty. Friendly staff, reasonable price and good food standards rating . Can't say much more, great meal. My only complaint is the only beer they do are tiny expensive bottles, but the bottomless coke helped out :)

1  Thank DavePChelt
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Second time I have been to a Nando's - so I knew not to wait for the staff to take my order. At least at this branch they checked to make sure we knew what to do. It was very busy and when a table was empty they descended on it to get it clean for the next customer which is why we only had to wait a few minutes to get a table.
Once ordered the food came very quickly, well cooked and hot. Simple food but tasty and I could indulge my taste fory very spicy food while my companion could have his very plain

1  Thank Againstbadfood