I very much enjoyed my stay at The Golden Cross Inn, I stayed here for two nights. Upon arrival the staff were very welcoming and informative as to the arrangements and sorting breakfast.
The room was adequately equipped and had a warm and comfortable bed. Breakfast was very nice, all cooked to order with fresh coffee.
Location-wise, I couldn't have asked for more! It's almost in the centre of the town and was perfectly placed to be a base whilst I was up there.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a central place to stay (and a decent pub) and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short stroll from the town's historic market place, hidden up a picturesque mediaeval backstreet, you'll find The Golden Cross Inn.This early-18th Century coaching inn offers a warm welcome to all, from those seeking a thirst quenching pint of real ale to discerning diners looking for gourmet British cuisine, and of course to weary travellers looking for a bed for the night.While the building itself dates from the mid-17th Century, landlord Mark Lindesay and his dedicated team have recently transformed the pub into a welcoming hostelry offering contemporary standards of service, great food, good company and comfortable, well-equipped bedrooms, suites and apartments.The Golden Cross Inn offers the perfect combination of contemporary sophistication and traditional charm with its exposed beams, classic pub ambiance in its snug bar, combined with a light, airy dining area, all tended by friendly and attentive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Golden Cross Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golden Cross Hotel Cirencester
- The Golden Cross Inn Cirencester, Cotswolds