“This was one of the nicest rooms we've ever stayed in!”

The Talbot Inn Cirencester
Ranked #10 of 31 Cirencester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The room we stayed in at The Talbot Inn was beautifully presented and extremely comfortable, as well as being very private.
The inn itself felt very homely, being run by an extremely pleasant couple who couldn't do more to help.
We had breakfast, an evening meal and Sunday dinner at the inn, all of which were excellent.
My partner and I were both very impressed by the surroundings and the food, and the inn's close proximity to the centre of Cirencester made it perfect for a weekend stay.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you are looking for a great stay away from home this is it, the place is quiet and relaxed.
Great food cooked by the landlady and the beer is perfectly kept.
The rooms are just right (I've stayed in room 2 and 5) room 5 is "the Hayloft" and is really nice and the bed is very comfortable. If peace and quiet is what you want then this is it.
The land lady and land lord are pleasant and so friendly.
I recommend the accommodation, food and the ale. (Sunday dinner is perfect!)

Room Tip: "the Hayloft" is perfect for that romantic stay away.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having looked around on various web pages for a place to stay while on business in Cirencester, The Talbot Inn kept on cropping up as one of the cheapest and also fairly well rated to stay at. Having looked at my choices for location versus cost, I went with the Talbot Inn and to my pleasure, I'm glad I did! I was made to feel very welcome from the outset and with this coupled with a very clean room, good home cooked food and local ale on tap, I was a happy man! The well decorated cozy accommodation was attached to the main building which worked well as if the pub got busy, you're not going to be affected by any noise. Each room has a front entrance straight onto the occupants car park where parking wasn't a problem. Having your own key is also a plus over a normal B&B's as you're never going to have problems getting in if you stay out late on a social excursion. I would thoroughly recommend people to stay here, be it socially, a family holiday or on business like myself! I will be making a return to this lovely little Inn and if not on business, definitely on a holiday break...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Run by a really friendly couple, this is a great place to stay offering really good value for money, in a perfect location.

The rooms are well presented and clean, and the pub which is attached whilst quiet is a really nice place to relax with a proper pint of beer. All of the staff are friendly as the hosts, as we're the locals!

The added bonus is the breakfast, plenty of it, all well cooked using good quality produce.

Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2014

great location on a quiet street near the centre. Parking outside. The inn has seen better days inside but had good beer and food. The accommodation is much newer and was nice and warm and comfy. The beds are firm, so not great if you are used to a softer mattress. En suite was also very small, but had all we needed. Friendly staff and great breakfast. They catered for our gluten free diets. I would stay there again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The room was impeccable, the bed not too comfortable for a pregnant lady. Breakfast was nice and the owners absolutely wonderful, helpful and friendly. We didn't have dinner there, so we cannot rate that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luigi r
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed one night B&B, with breakfast and had supper. We had a very warm, kind and helpful welcome from the landlady. Home cooked supper, good value and nice service. The breakfast offered a good traditional selection of bacon, eggs etc, with cereal and toast. Our room, in the converted stable block was warm and very sweet, a kind of cottage style. Plenty of tea and coffee available. The only thing that let down the whole place was how dusty our room was, thick dust on the skirting boards, picture frames, and radiators, a big dead fly on the carpet when I went in and dead things around the window sill. We found hair in the bathroom which also had a cracked toilet seat. The taps were grubby, as was the shower and bathroom floor. I didn't say anything as we were there only one night, but I would give four stars for service and two for cleanliness.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family