My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary, we chose a two night stay.
The hotel itself, is very nice, the service was efficient, friendly and approachable, good central location. The room was very clean , with everything we needed, bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was not as good, My husband ordered a paper on both days , one day he recieved it late, in fact he had to remind the staff that he had ordered one and on the second day he didn't recive one at all.
The food itself was a bit of a let down, the fry up was not very good, small portion and not very tasty but the eggs benedict we had on the second day was ok. The fruit from the breakfast buffet tasted like it came from a tin and was very sugary it would have been nice if it was fresh.
We also ate one night in the restaurant, it was very busy so we were seated in the bar, which was busy but had a nice athmosphere. The service was friendly, but a touch chaotic and hurried.
All the food was reasonably priced and very nice, I had a tasty generouse portion of Mussles and a nice burger.
I was disapointed that at 7pm in the evening they had run out of sparkling mineral water (especially as it is a pub bar as well as a restaurant) but the wine I ordered instead was good.
My husband recived the wrong starter and was told that it was down to a mis communication in the kitchen, the starter of goats cheese he had insetead was nice . Our mains arrived while we were finishing our starter, so we had to hurriedly finish.
Our overall impression of the hotel was that the hotel side of things runs very well, (except for the newspaper thing) but the breakfast wasn't great and the restaurant service let it down a bit hence why I havn't given it a 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the busy market town of Cirencester, The Fleece is perfectly positioned to enjoy both town and country. However you spend your day, you'll be able to enjoy a relaxing night's sleep in our cosy and comfortable guest rooms. All 28 bedrooms are full of charm and character. Their decor and furnishings resemble a charming Cotswold style, yet the original, quirky features that you would expect a building from 1650 to have been maintained in our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Fleece at Cirencester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fleece At Cirencester Hotel Cirencester
- Hotel Jarvis Fleece
- The Fleece At Cirencester Cotswolds