“Poor service”

The Fleece at Cirencester
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cirencester
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My brother and his wife are over from Australia. They called into The Fleece for a snack with our elderly parents. Drinks came with the ordered snacks but missing a Latte. Thinking it would turn up they ate the food and still no sign of the missing coffee. My brother went back to the bar to chase it up. The young lady who was on a cordless/mobile phone said it was poured but that she was on the phone so hadnt had a chance to bring it over. She then still with phone to her ear bought it to their table and still talking down the phone lent over my elderly Dad rather than politely walking round and putting it down. A few lessons to be had in good customer service wouldn't go amiss?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JacobsNanny
Fleece C, Ricardo Canestra - Manager at The Fleece at Cirencester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback and apologies for your less than perfect service. Your comments will be used in our next training session to ensure that we offer our usual great service on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed here recently for business. Nice sized rooms with all the usual amenities. Quiet, no issues with noise. Extra pillows were in the closet which is always nice. Very central (although Cirencester isn't big anyway!). Definitely recommended when staying in this charming town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NMPCC100

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit – business or pleasure!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel, it is a converted ancient building and comes with the quirks of any pub/ hotel. We ate in the pub on both nights of our stay - it was excellent and the wine was good. Breakfast was lovely - possibly the best poached eggs I have ever had.

But on the second morning a radio was put on really loud at around 5:30. We mentioned this on checkout and got a vague apology. As we went to retrieve our car we heard the same station coming from the kitchen and are sure that is what woke us up.

Room Tip: We were in room 7 which is above a bar and at the start of a corridor, this means it is a little noi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals and appreciated the pleasant environment of our grade listed building. Please accept my sincere apologies for the rude awakening. However room 7 is the furthest room from the kitchens so I presume the noise must have come from another guest room. Giles the breakfast chef is particularly pleased you enjoyed your breakfasts.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed overnight on business and the service from first contact through to check-out was fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful with all requests. The dinner which I had in the evening was superb. The lack of elevator is a bit of a drawback but understandable given the protected status of the building. For such an old building it is very well kept and has all modern needs I could look for in a hotel. My room window was facing the main street in the town so it was a bit noisy during the night, I will be requesting a different room on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street facing side of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Delighted you enjoyed our high standards of service. We'd be happy to allocate you a room at the back for your next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

It is very interesting to choose this hotel for holiday. My stay there for business but it became leisure since the town is very nice. The hotel is so nice and pleasant staff with five star service. I like the breakfast at the hotel and the family room. We enjoyed the stay me and my wife and two little children. Everything is nearby such shopping shops, restaurants and cafe. My children like the library behind the hotel and the park near to the church. I hope I will find another chance to visit this town and enjoyed this hotel stay again.

Room Tip: The best at cirencester in location
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Please come for another fantastic stay at The Fleece on your next visit to the Cotswolds!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My nephew was recently celebrating his eighteenth birthday and as we are a close family he decided that he would like to have a nice lunch with his family before celebrating with mates in the evening and as he lives in Cirencester The Fleece is situated centrally and came recommended.
On arrival we were shown to our table laid up for twelve adults and two children, I did feel that we were a little cramped but they had managed to accommodate us quite well considering we were a large party.
The menu was excellent however the wait for the food was a little long however it was very much worth the wait and met the children's needs very well and the staff were extremely polite and helpful , hopefully we shall be lunching there again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Kids are always welcome - plenty to choose from on our Half Pints menu!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great place, great people, great food. The black pudding at breakfast is the best I have ever tasted. Wish I'd had more......... Love to go back soon. Might chose a larger room next time, just to see.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the shining review! On your next visit you should try the locally smoked kippers, our most popular breakfast dish :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cirencester
Kings Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in South Cerney
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings

Been to The Fleece at Cirencester? Share your experiences!