My partner and I are regular visitors to Cirencester and we always try and stay at the Fleece Hotel [if they have a room!!] because we absolutely love it there.
This trip was no exception and the hotel remains the place 'to be' in Cirencester [and with the Royal Agricultural University holding it's graduation the week we were in town, the place was even more abuzz with excitement].
Our evening meal in the Stableyard Restaurant was very good and the bar offers an excellent service.
Our only criticisms:
1. No towels or milk in the room on our arrival.
2. The breakfast arrangements which appear rather shambolic...lots of staff politely milling about doing very little [they were probably in need of some management if I'm honest] ... we waited 20 minutes for our breakfast to be offered...there were no glasses for the OJ nor butter on the main buffet island; there was no cutlery on the table and we were not offered a refill of tea despite the teapot being small for two persons...the second morning was a little better but they 'need to do better' for the prices they're charging...still go back though :)...we're hooked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the busy market town of Cirencester, The Fleece is perfectly positioned to enjoy both town and country. However you spend your day, you'll be able to enjoy a relaxing night's sleep in our cosy and comfortable guest rooms. All 28 bedrooms are full of charm and character. Their decor and furnishings resemble a charming Cotswold style, yet the original, quirky features that you would expect a building from 1650 to have been maintained in our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Fleece at Cirencester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fleece At Cirencester Hotel Cirencester
- Hotel Jarvis Fleece
- The Fleece At Cirencester Cotswolds